This sliders recipe is the PERFECT party food! They taste just like White Castle burgers but they are simple to make!
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- 24 slider rolls (I used King’s Hawaiian)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, small diced (approximately 1 1/2 cups)
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 (1 ounce) package dry French Onion Soup Mix
- 1 tablespoon Steak Seasoning (I used Montreal)
- 10 slices American Cheese
- 24 pickle slices
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoons sesame seeds
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line an 11×15 baking dish with foil and coat lightly with nonstick spray. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, ketchup, and mustard. Set aside.
- Slice the slider rolls in half, and place the bottoms evenly into the prepared pan, setting the tops aside.
- In a large skillet heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the diced onions and cook, until soft and golden, stirring frequently. Add the ground beef to the skillet and cook until no pink remains, breaking the meat while cooking.
- Drain any excess fat from the skillet. Add in the onion soup mix and the steak seasoning, stirring to combine. Remove the skillet from the heat.
- Stir in the mayonnaise mixture and coat the meat evenly.
- Spread the meat mixture evenly on top of the slider rolls.
- Top with cheese slices, cutting to fit, if necessary. Top each with a pickle slice.
- Place the slider roll tops on top, and press down slightly.
- Brush the melted butter on top of the sliders, and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Cover the pan tightly with foil. Place the pan on a large cookie sheet and bake for 15-20 minutes, until the cheese is melted.
- Remove the pan from the oven and keep covered for 5-10 minutes before uncovering and serving.
Store airtight in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. You can reheat the sliders in the microwave.
*Note – by placing the baking dish on a cookie sheet if helps the bottoms of the slider buns from getting crunchy, by creating a barrier.
Keywords:: party food ideas, game day food, cheeseburger sliders, super bowl food, white castle copycat