This sliders recipe is the PERFECT party food! They taste just like White Castle burgers but they are simple to make!
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- 24 slider rolls (I used King’s Hawaiian)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, small diced (approximately 1 1/2 cups)
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 (1 ounce) package dry French Onion Soup Mix
- 1 tablespoon Steak Seasoning (I used Montreal)
- 10 slices American Cheese
- 24 pickle slices
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoons sesame seeds
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line an 11×15 baking dish with foil and coat lightly with nonstick spray. Set aside.
- Slice the slider rolls in half, and place the bottoms evenly into the prepared pan, setting the tops aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, ketchup, and mustard. Set aside.
- In a large skillet heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the diced onions and cook, until soft and golden, stirring frequently.
- Add the ground beef to the skillet and cook until no pink remains, breaking the meat while cooking.
- Drain any excess fat from the skillet. Add in the onion soup mix and the steak seasoning, stirring to combine.
- Remove the skillet from the heat. Stir in the mayonnaise mixture and coat the meat evenly.
- Spread the meat mixture evenly on top of the slider rolls. Top with cheese slices, cutting to fit, if necessary. Top each with a pickle slice. Place the slider roll tops on top, and press down slightly.
- Brush the melted butter on top of the sliders, and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Cover the pan tightly with foil. Place the pan on a large cookie sheet and bake for 15-20 minutes, until the cheese is melted. Remove the pan from the oven and keep covered for 5-10 minutes before uncovering and serving.
Store airtight in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. You can reheat the sliders in the microwave.
*Note – by placing the baking dish on a cookie sheet if helps the bottoms of the slider buns from getting crunchy, by creating a barrier. Also place the baking sheet on the middle rack in the oven, so it’s not too clse to the bottom burner!
- Serving Size: 2 sliders
- Calories: 489
- Sugar: 14.2 g
- Sodium: 681 mg
- Fat: 25.3 g
- Carbohydrates: 38 g
- Protein: 25.8 g
- Cholesterol: 95.4 mg
Keywords: party food ideas, game day food, cheeseburger sliders, super bowl food, white castle copycat