Garbage Bread is crazy delicious, perfect for a party or weeknight meal, and endlessly adaptable! My favorite is this Bacon Cheeseburger Garbage Bread…it’s cheesy, packed with flavor, and served with classic hamburger sauce!
I had never heard of “Garbage Bread” until recently…but I’ve gathered it’s a whole thing in the world! The concept is simple…throw whatever you like into a pizza crust and roll it up, cinnamon roll-style. Easy? For sure. Delicious? You bet. Low-calorie? Um…no.
If you’re looking for something a little more heart-healthy, today isn’t your lucky day. BUT if you’re looking for classic game-day, party food. Well, I gotcha, boo.
Get Creative With Your Garbage Bread Recipe
You can seriously can throw whatever you want to in Garbage Bread…Buffalo Chicken Dip? Do it. Leftover Spaghetti? Trust me, delicious. Spinach and Artichoke Dip? SERIOUSLY YES. Crack Chicken? Best idea ever!
My favorite version of Garbage Bread is the recipe I am sharing with you today. It’s of the stick-to-your-bones Bacon Cheeseburger variety. It essentially tastes like a White Castle Cheeseburger. (And if you’ve never tried a White Castle I feel both sorry for you and jealous of you all at the same time.)
All you do is fry up some bacon. This is a Bacon Cheeseburger Garbage Recipe, after all.
And then brown some ground beef with some steak seasoning and Velveeta. Yes, I said it. This low-level food…which I am happy to make no apologies for. We’re all adult-ish here. We’re allowed.
Mix the bacon in with the cheesy meat…
And then spread it on a rolled out thin crust pizza dough…
Oh yeah, and add more cheese.
Roll up the dough like you would a cinnamon roll, from the long end and then bake it!
Allow the bread to cool a little bit before slicing, so you get perfect slices!
This Garbage Bread recipe is the perfect game day food, and is such a great recipe to adapt!
- 1/2 pound chopped bacon
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 tablespoon steak seasoning (I used McCormick)
- 12 ounces Velveeta, cubed
- 1 (13.8 ounce) thin crust pizza dough (I used PIllsbury)
- 1 1/2 cups grated cheddar jack cheese
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 425°. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large skillet over medium-low heat cook bacon until it’s crisp. Remove the bacon from the pan and set aside.
- In the same skillet, with the bacon grease increase heat to medium high. Add the onions and ground beef into the skillet and cook until the the onions are soft and the meat is cooked through. Drain the excess liquid/grease from the pan. Place the skillet back on the heat and turn the heat to low. Add bacon back into the pan and season with the steak seasoning. Add in the Velveeta and stirring continuously cook until the cheese is melted. Remove the pan from the heat.
- Roll the pizza dough out onto the prepared baking sheet. The dough should be approximately a 15×10 rectangle. Spread the meat mixture evenly on top, leaving an inch at the edges to allow for spreading. Sprinkle the grated cheese on top of the meat. Roll up the pizza dough, starting with the long sides and pinch the crust together to seal. Bake seam side down for 15-20 minutes, or until golden brown. Allow the bread to cool for 5-10 minutes before slicing.
- In a small bowl whisk together the mayonnaise, ketchup, salt, and pepper.
- Dip the sliced bread into the sauce, if desired.