Garbage Bread is like a bacon cheeseburger Stromboli! Perfect for game day, or a weeknight meal….AND totally adaptable!
- 1/2 pound chopped bacon
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 tablespoon steak seasoning (I used McCormick)
- 12 ounces Velveeta, cubed
- 1 (13.8 ounce) thin crust pizza dough (I used Pillsbury)
- 1 1/2 cups grated cheddar jack cheese
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 425°. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large skillet over medium-low heat cook bacon until it’s crisp. Remove the bacon from the pan and set aside. Drain most of the grease.
- In the same skillet, heat to medium high. Add the onions and ground beef into the skillet and cook until the the onions are soft and the meat is cooked through. Drain anymore excess liquid/grease from the pan. Place the skillet back on the heat and turn the heat to low. Add bacon back into the pan and season with the steak seasoning. Add in the Velveeta and stirring continuously cook until the cheese is melted. Remove the pan from the heat.
- Roll the pizza dough out onto the prepared baking sheet. The dough should be approximately a 15×10 rectangle. Spread the meat mixture evenly on top, leaving an inch at the edges to allow for spreading. Sprinkle the grated cheese on top of the meat. Roll up the pizza dough, starting with the long sides and pinch the crust together to seal. Bake seam side down for 15-20 minutes, or until golden brown. Allow the bread to cool for 5-10 minutes before slicing.
- In a small bowl whisk together the mayonnaise, ketchup, salt, and pepper.
- Dip the sliced bread into the sauce, if desired.