Cheesy Bacon Caramelized Onion Dip is a simple, yet totally special appetizer idea! Only 5 ingredients in this stunner of an appetizer!
This is a paid partnership with DairyPure®.
Ok, I have the perfect holiday appetizer idea for you. The holiday season is in full swing, which means there are holiday parties on the calendar. Whether it be your office holiday party, or some friends hanging out, everyone wants snacks. And when they are creamy, cheesy, and include bacon…well, people will be happy.
You can basically make a meal out of this dip…I mean, it’s not diet food, it’s HOLIDAY food. We all know calories don’t count in December! And using DairyPure® Sour Cream makes it ultra creamy…have I convinced you to make this yet?
OH, and it’s only 5 ingredients, so that means way more time enjoying your friends and family, rather than spending it in the kitchen. That is what the holiday season is all about! AND DairyPure® has other great 5 ingredient #SimplyMadeMemories recipes for you to check out too!.
And I’ve created this quick little video to show you just how easy this is!
The recipe is so simple…all you do is fry up some bacon in a large skillet.
And the sour cream is what hold it all together, as well as giving it great flavor! DairyPure’s All Natural Sour Cream® is made with fresh milk and cream from their own dairy, with no artificial growth hormones.
You caramelize onions…which is basically just cooking them low and slow until they become very soft and turn a gorgeous amber color! Mix in the Worcestershire, sour cream, and grated cheddar…
Then mix in half of the bacon…
Top it with more cheese and pop it in the oven!
Once it’s baked, I like to pop it under the broiler to lightly toast the cheese! Then, of course add more bacon. I mean…
If you make a holiday recipe using DairyPure® we would love to see it! CLICK HERE more recipe ideas and a coupon!!
- 8 slices bacon
- 2 yellow onions, sliced
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup DairyPure® Sour Cream
- 2 1/2 cups grated cheddar cheese, divided
optional: salt and pepper to taste, parsley to garnish
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large skillet on medium-low heat, cook the bacon until crisp. Transfer to a paper towel lined plate and set aside.
- Place the onions in the same skillet with the bacon grease, and cook on medium-low heat until they are caramelized. They will be soft and turn an amber color.
- While the onions are cooking, chop the bacon and set aside.
- When the onions are done, stir in the Worcestershire sauce. Optional: add in salt and pepper to taste.
- Remove the pan from the heat and mix in the sour cream, half of the bacon and 1 cup of grated cheese.
- Transfer the mixture to a small (1- quart) casserole dish. Sprinkle with the remaining cheese and bake for 15 minutes.
- Turn the oven to broil and place the pan under the broiler for 3-4 minutes, or until the cheese is lightly toasted.
- Sprinkle with the remaining bacon and serve warm. Optional: garnish with parsley.