This Cheesy Bacon Caramelized Onion Dip recipe is a simple, yet totally special appetizer idea! Only 5 ingredients in this stunner of an appetizer!
- 8 slices bacon
- 2 yellow onions, sliced
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup DairyPure® Sour Cream
- 2 1/2 cups grated cheddar cheese, divided
optional: salt and pepper to taste, parsley to garnish
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large skillet on medium-low heat, cook the bacon until crisp. Transfer to a paper towel lined plate and set aside.
- Place the onions in the same skillet with the bacon grease, and cook on medium-low heat until they are caramelized. They will be soft and turn an amber color.
- While the onions are cooking, chop the bacon and set aside.
- When the onions are done, stir in the Worcestershire sauce. Optional: add in salt and pepper to taste.
- Remove the pan from the heat and mix in the sour cream, half of the bacon and 1 cup of grated cheese.
- Transfer the mixture to a small (1- quart) casserole dish. Sprinkle with the remaining cheese and bake for 15 minutes.
- Turn the oven to broil and place the pan under the broiler for 3-4 minutes, or until the cheese is lightly toasted.
- Sprinkle with the remaining bacon and serve warm. Optional: garnish with parsley.
- Serving Size: 3-4 scoops
- Calories: 353
- Sugar: 2.5 g
- Sodium: 497.3 mg
- Fat: 28.9 g
- Carbohydrates: 7.8 g
- Protein: 15.4 g
- Cholesterol: 69.4 mg
Keywords: onion dip recipe, bacon appetizer, how to make onion dip, caramelized onion dip