Easy Pesto Chicken is a flavor packed chicken recipe that only needs 4 ingredients and 5 minutes of prep time! It’s a great low-carb dinner idea will be on permanent rotation in your house!
Easy Pesto Chicken is a Quick Chicken Recipe With Only 4 Ingredients!
Chicken Recipes are the cornerstone of our family dinners. From Crack Chicken to MIYM Chicken I have chicken breast recipes on this site aplenty! And this Pesto Chicken is so hyper simple it’s almost not a recipe. Like I said, only 4 ingredients and you will have a flavor packed dinner on the table in 30 minutes!
What Are the 4 Ingredients?
The fact that there are only 4 ingredients is what makes this a go-to chicken breast recipe in my house! It’s packed with so much flavor, while being insanely easy…it just doesn’t get better than that! All you need is:
- Chicken Breasts
- Provolone or Mozzarella Cheese
I’m Always Looking For A Low Carb Dinner Ideas
This is naturally a low-carb dish. Yes, I do use some breadcrumbs on the chicken to help absorb the pesto and give it a nice crunch, but you could absolutely omit the breadcrumbs if you’re being strict with your carb counting. Serve it with a salad on the side for a filling, and protein packed meal.
How Do You Make Pesto Chicken?
The process for this chicken recipe couldn’t be easier! The prep time is under 10 minutes, and you bake is for about 30 minutes, depending on how thick the chicken breasts you use are! Here’s what you do:
- Coat you chicken breasts in breadcrumbs. You can use plain, Italian seasoned or Panko breadcrumbs. TIP: Seasoned breadcrumbs are a great timesaver to add more flavor
- Arrange the chicken breasts in a 9×13 baking dish.
- Spread the jar of pesto evenly on top of the chicken.
- And then top with slices of Provolone cheese.
What to Serve with Pesto Chicken
- Green Salad
- Green Beans
- Or even serve this on a roll and make it in a sandwich!
Tips When Making This Chicken Recipe:
It’s such an easy meal that packs a lot of flavor. And with such simple ingredients, you have lots of room to get creative! Here are some easy tips and substitutions:
- You could use boneless chicken thighs as well in this recipe
- If you prefer homemade pesto, you can absolutely use that instead of jarred.
- If you don’t like provolone cheese, you could sub it out for mozzarella.
- Like I said above, you can easily turn this Pesto Chicken into a Pesto Chicken Sandwich! Use your favorite sub or hoagie roll, toast it if you want and this will be a delicious hot sub!
- If you really don’t like Pesto you could even use tomato or marinara sauce in place of the pesto, creating an easy Chicken Parm!
Looking for more Chicken Recipes? Try These:Print
Easy Pesto Chicken
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: serves 4-6 1x
- Category: Chicken
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: Dinner
Easy Pesto Chicken is a flavor packed chicken recipe that only needs 4 ingredients and 5 minutes of prep time! A great low-carb dinner idea.
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless chicken breasts, pounded 1/2 inch (6–8 pieces)
- 1 cup Italian breadcrumbs
- 1 (5-6 ounce) jar pesto
- 2– 3 ounces sliced provolone or mozzarella cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350°F/175°C. Lightly coat a 9×13 baking dish with nonstick spray. Set aside.
- Coat each chicken breast in breadcrumbs lightly and place into the prepared pan. Spread the pesto sauce on top of the chicken and then top with the sliced Provolone.
- Bake uncovered for 30-35 minutes until the chicken is cooked and the cheese is melted.
- Serve immediately over pasta or a salad.
Store airtight in the refrigerator for up to 3 days
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 381
- Sugar: 3 g
- Sodium: 613.5 mg
- Fat: 18.5 g
- Carbohydrates: 16.9 g
- Protein: 34.7 g
- Cholesterol: 92.7 mg
Keywords: cookies and cups, chicken recipe, chicken dinner, pesto, pesto chicken, low carb dinner idea, easy chicken recipe,
Want To Save This Recipe?
Find more recipes like this:
PIN for later:
9 comments on “Easy Pesto Chicken”
Simple, elegant and delicious! I added wedged zucchini and chopped tomatoes to the pan and topped them with a dab of pesto. Complete meal and so good!
I just made this recipe tonight for me and my lady friend. We both LOVED it!! We made some garlic mashed potatoes on the side, and those were great for absorbing all the chickeny-pesto-ey goodness!!! Super simple to make, coming from someone who never cooks, and one for the books!
So glad you guys liked it!
What an easy, delicious recipe. Huge hit with everyone in the family. And so simple. Thanks for this.
I like this idea. I currently make a cheesy chicken (usually bone-in thighs–take the skin off so the coating sticks to the chicken, not the skin) by mixing almond meal and Parmesan with a dash of ground black pepper, then topping with a slice of smoked Provolone. I’m thinking of trying this using the almond/Parmesan that I use for my chicken in place of breadcrumbs and seeing where it goes.
I made this last night and wow, what a hit! Easy and yum!! Thx
Great simple recipe, I am going to add it to my weeknight meals…I love pesto.
Thanks for sharing.
My sister emailed me this recipe over 10 years ago and we still make it all the time
Oh my goodness, yum! Safe to say, I’ll be trying this when I’ve moved into my new house soon.