Easy Pesto Chicken is a simple and quick chicken recipe with only 4 ingredients!
Chicken Recipes are the cornerstone of our family dinners. From Crack Chicken to MIYM Chicken I have chicken breast recipes on this site aplenty! And this Pesto Chicken is so hyper simple it’s almost not a recipe. Like I said, only 4 ingredients and you will have a flavor packed dinner on the table in 30 minutes!
What Are the 4 Ingredients in this Pesto Chicken Recipe?
This Pesto Chicken will be in your dinner rotation from now on! It’s packed with so much flavor, while being insanely easy…it just doesn’t get better than that! All you need is:
- Chicken Breasts
- Provolone Cheese
How Do You Make Pesto Chicken?
The process for this chicken recipe couldn’t be easier! The prep time is under 10 minutes, and you bake is for about 30 minutes, depending on how thick the chicken breasts you use are! Here’s what you do:
- Coat you chicken breasts in breadcrumbs. You can use plain, or Italian seasoned breadcrumbs, which is what I use to add a little more flavor!
- Then just arrange the chicken breasts in a 9×13 baking dish.
- Spread the jar of pesto evenly on top of the chicken.
- And then top with slices of Provolone cheese.
What Can I serve with Easy Pesto Chicken?
- Green Salad
- Green Beans
- Or even serve this on a roll and make it in a sandwich!
Tips To Make This Chicken Pesto Recipe:
It’s such an easy meal that packs a lot of flavor. Here are some easy tips and substitutions!
- You could use boneless chicken thighs as well in this recipe
- If you prefer homemade pesto, you can absolutely use that instead of jarred.
- If you don’t like provolone cheese, you could sub it out for mozzarella.
- Like I said above, you can easily turn this Pesto Chicken into a Pesto Chicken Sandwich! Use your favorite sub or hoagie roll, toast it if you want and this will be a delicious hot sub!
- If you really don’t like Pesto you could even use tomato or marinara sauce in place of the pesto, creating an easy Chicken Parm!
Looking for more Chicken Recipes? Try These:Print
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless chicken breasts, pounded 1/2 inch (6–8 pieces)
- 1 cup Italian breadcrumbs
- 1 (5-6 ounce) jar pesto
- 2– 3 ounces sliced provolone cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350°F/175°C. Lightly coat a 9×13 baking dish with nonstick spray. Set aside.
- Coat each chicken breast in breadcrumbs lightly and place into the prepared pan. Spread the pesto sauce on top of the chicken and then top with the sliced Provolone.
- Bake uncovered for 30-35 minutes until the chicken is cooked and the cheese is melted.
- Serve immediately over pasta or a salad.