This Fettuccini Alfredo recipe can be made in just under 20 minutes. It’s SO easy and your family will love it!
This Fettuccini Alfredo is one of those recipes that everyone loves…whether or not it’s skinny-jeans friendly is another story entirely. But Alfredo Sauce is delicious, no matter how you look at it…creamy, rich, cheesy and cozy. You could throw in some chicken, mushrooms, peas…the possibilities are endless. OR just eat it plain.
This Fettuccini Alfredo Recipe is of my kid’s favorite meals.
This Fettuccini Alfredo recipe is the one my mom used when I was growing up. We didn’t eat it a lot when I was younger, and I’m not sure why…it’s such an easy Pasta Recipe! And what’s so great about this Alfredo Sauce is you can serve it over pasta, obviously, but it’s also great drizzled on chicken, steak, or pizza! This Fettuccini Alfredo literally takes the amount of time it takes to cook pasta. It’s SUPER easy, you can’t mess it up and it always turns out. I swear it.
What Kind Of Cheese Do You Use In Alfredo Sauce?
My mom’s Alfredo Sauce recipe card said specifically use “Locatelli Cheese”…which really just means Pecorino Romano. I guess that’s the brand she used! But you could easily sub in fresh grated Parmesan, or even a blend of cheeses like Romano, Pecorino, or Asiago. You can get creative with the cheese you use, but just make sure it’s a hard, sharp cheese!
Do I Have To Use Half and Half In This Alfredo Sauce Recipe?
I know some of you will ask if you can use milk or cream in place or the half and half. The answer is yes, of course. If you use milk, whole is best. If you use heavy cream, well…it will be extra delicious.
Looking for more Pasta Recipes? Try these:Print
This Easy Fettuccini Alfredo comes together in 15 minutes!
- 1 pound fettuccine
- 1 cup half and half
- 3/4 cup butter
- 1 cup fresh grated Pecorino Romano cheese
- fresh grated black pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley (optional)
- Boil pasta according to package directions. Make sure to salt the pasta water once it starts boiling before adding in the pasta.
- When the pasta is almost done place butter and cream in a saucepan and heat until the butter melts. Remove from heat and stir in the cheese until melted. Season with black pepper.
- Drain pasta, place in a large bowl and immediately toss with cream sauce.
- Sprinkle chopped parsley on pasta and serve immediately.
You can also use grated Parmesan cheese for this recipe
Keywords: pasta recipe, alfredo sauce, fettuccini alredo, cookies and cups, dinner recipe