This Buttery Lemon Spaghetti is a super quick fully flavor packed pasta recipe and dinner idea! A family favorite!
I am all about a quick dinner idea. When I forget to plan my slow cooker meals in advance (which is often) I’m always left with a giant question mark where dinner ideas should be.
This Buttery Lemon Spaghetti is a super simple option on those nights where you aren’t really sure what else to do…AND lemon anything is pretty much right up my alley…oh and butter. Butter anything is always a first choice.
Plus, this pasta recipe is so quick it can literally be prepared in the amount of time it takes to boil your pasta. I mean, hello perfect!
How to Make Buttery Lemon Pasta
This Lemon Pasta recipe is a no brainer for busy nights. You may even have all the ingredients you need in your pantry right now! I love serving this on it’s own for an easy and quick dinner recipe, or add some chicken to make it a more hearty meal. Especially if you marinate your chicken in my favorite chicken marinade recipe!
All you have to do it boil your pasta, and while you’re doing that:
- Melt butter in a skillet. Use salted butter, as this will help add a little more flavor!
- Add some garlic and crushed red pepper into the melted butter to flavor the butter even more!
- Whisk in the heavy cream and your sauce is all done!
- When the pasta is done, mix that with the sauce, and then mix in your Parmesan Cheese, parsley, lemon juice and zest.
That’s it! Season it some more with salt and pepper if you would like and serve it immediately! This is a great side dish, or light dinner. And it’s especially great in warm weather months!
Looking for more pasta recipe ideas? Try these:Print
This is a creamy and bright lemon pasta recipe that is delicious on it’s own, or served as a side dish!
- 1 pound spaghetti
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup fresh grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1/3 cup fresh chopped parsley
- zest of 2 lemons
- juice of 1 lemon
- salt and pepper to taste
- optional – extra Parmesan to garnish
- Boil pasta according to package directions.
- When the pasta is almost done melt butter in a large deep skillet over medium heat. Once the butter is melted add in the garlic and red pepper flakes. Cook for one minute. Whisk in the heavy cream
- Drain the pasta and add it immediately into the butter mixture, coating the pasta evenly.
- Add in the Parmesan cheese, parsley, lemon zest and lemon juice stirring to evenly incorporate. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve immediately and garnish with extra Parmesan Cheese if desired.
Store airtight in refrigerator for up to 3 days
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 508
- Sugar: 3 g
- Sodium: 245.1 mg
- Fat: 18.3 g
- Carbohydrates: 70.9 g
- Protein: 17.7 g
- Cholesterol: 45.8 mg
Keywords: pasta recipe, cookies and cups, dinner recipe, butter, lemon