My Rosemary Chicken Skewers are CRAZY flavorful, so easy and the perfect weeknight meal!
My grill has been hot basically since Memorial Day. I have taken full advantage of outdoor cooking this summer, more-so than ever before, and I’m loving it!
Of course we are grilling up the basics: burgers, hot dogs… but we’ve been getting a little creative with other quick and easy meals too! I generally do the grilling if it’s on our propane grill, while my husband is in charge of the charcoal situation. I have no time in my life to stand and stoke a fire or whatever has to happen to make coals work.
Also, can summer last a few more months please? I mean I am fully aware that fall is on the horizon. Target made that evident when I went in on JULY FREAKING FIFTH and they had school supplies out. WHYYYYYYYY.
My grill and I are just gonna stay over here and pretend that summer will last all the days. K?
Our summer garden is also just getting busy. We started it a little late this year, but we’re starting the reap the rewards with tons of herbs and veggies to use!
So when I saw our cute little rosemary plant the other day I knew I needed to get busy rosemary-ing all the things.
Enter these Rosemary Chicken Skewers.
These are really simple. You can prep the chicken in the morning and at dinner they will be all marinated and ready to go.
The marinade is quick and you most likely have all the ingredients currently in your kitchen.
And yes, you can certainly use dried rosemary if you don’t have fresh.
When you’re ready, thread your chicken onto skewers.
I used wooden skewers for these that I soaked FOREVER in water so they wouldn’t burn…and they still burned. Oh well…
They honestly only take a few minutes on the grill. Less than 10 minutes for me.
I’m telling you these are packed with flavor. You can serve them with rice and a salad for an easy, but totally elegant meal.
Have a great week!Print
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless chicken breasts, cut into 1 1/2- inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons diced fresh rosemary
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon spicy mustard
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- juice of 2 lemons
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 7-9 skewers
- In a medium bowl combine rosemary, olive oil, mustard, soy sauce, lemon juice, salt, pepper, and garlic.
- Place chicken into a large zip-top bag and pour the marinade over the chicken. Seal the bag and refrigerate for 6 hours or overnight.
- When ready, preheat your grill to medium heat. Thread chicken onto skewers, careful not to pack them too tightly. I fit about 5-6 cubes of chicken on each skewer, which will vary depending on the size of your skewer and personal preference.
- Grill skewers for 4 minutes on each side, or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Serve warm.
If you use wooden skewers you might want to soak them in water for at least an hour prior to grilling so they don’t burn.