Salty Peanut Butter S’mores Truffles are a simple no bake treat with all the flavors of a fancy s’more packed into a poppable treat!
I am not a huge candy maker, truffle maker or anything that requires to be dipped in chocolate maker. It’s just the way the good Lord made me. Expert chocolate dippers, I bow down. I can’t for the life of me get a smooth, glossy, non-lumpy, non-fingerprinted chocolate shell.
But of course that doesn’t have anything to do with my love of eating chocolate dipped things.
My bones were definitely made with chocolate eating in mind. So I just want you to know I made these super quickly and without much cussing…so you can to!
Most people associate s’mores with warmer weather, sitting on a beach, a campfire…but, let’s all just acknowledge s’mores have currently plunked themselves into the year-round dessert landscape. And I ain’t mad about it.
You guys know my favorite eat to eat a s’more is two Ritz Crackers sandwiching a gooey marshmallow and a peanut butter cup. Let’s all have a moment of silence.
So let’s take all those flavors, morph it into a poppable truffle that you can have at a moment’s notice. Bless my poor waistline.
By the way, if you haven’t tried a S’more with Ritz Crackers you are MISSING out. My friend Amanda introduced me to the idea a few years back (she is a s’mores expert) and life has never been the same.
The ingredients are simple: Fluff, peanut butter, mini chocolate chips and Ritz Crackers.
Crush up the Ritz…
And then just mix everything together…
Chill the mixture and then form it into 1-inch balls…
You can chill the balls again at this point to make the dipping a bit easier. Chilled they will be firmer and easier to handle, plus the chocolate will set up more quickly after it’s dipped.
Chop up some milk chocolate to dip your truffles (or of course you can use candy melting disks)
Then dip each truffle into the melted chocolate.
Try your best to tap off the excess chocolate and then place them on a parchment lined baking sheet to set.
But don’t forget to sprinkle a little flaked sea salt on top.
And pop them back in the fridge to set up.
The salty/sweet/gooey/peanut butter truffles will be gone in no time, so I recommend buying extra ingredients for a second batch!Print
Salty Peanut Butter S’mores Truffles
- Yield: 15 truffles 1x
- 1 1/4 cup crushed Ritz Crackers
- 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup Marshmallow Fluff
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
- 8 ounces milk chocolate, chopped
- flaked sea salt to garnish
- In a large bowl mix the crushed crackers, peanut butter, Fluff and chocolate chips together. Cover the bowl and chill for at least an hour.
- Remove the bowl from the fridge and form the mixture into 1-inch balls. Place them on a parchment lined baking sheet and place them back in the refrigerator for another 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, chop your milk chocolate and melt it in the microwave removing every 25 seconds until smooth.
- Dip the balls into the melted chocolate, tap off excess chocolate and place back onto the lined baking sheet. Sprinkle with sea salt while the chocolate is still wet.
- Place truffles back in the refrigerator until the chocolate is set.
- Serve chilled or at room temperature.
Store airtight for up to 5 days
19 comments on “Salty Peanut Butter S’mores Truffles”
I’ve made a ball in the past that had crushed grahm crackers in it, with peanutbutter, powered sugar and coconut if desired. so, the grahm crackers would work too and make it an authentic smore ball, lol. also, what about crushed pretzels instead of ritz? so many ideas, lol
So many great ideas!!!