This Easy Chicken Spaghetti Casserole is a favorite around here! It’s a simple weeknight dinner that both kids and adults will love. This chicken and spaghetti recipe can provide ample leftovers for the week ahead, too.
So from what I understand school is going to be starting soon.
I think I might dislike school now more as an adult than I ever did as a kid.
I mean, yes, I appreciate the routine…I appreciate all the teachers…I love the fact that my kids are taken away in the morning and returned safe and sound in the afternoon.
I love back to school shopping…and I love a quiet house for a few hours.
But I hate homework.
Like hate hate.
And trust me I get it, it’s my kid’s work, not mine. I don’t do their homework for them, but I do have to wrangle them.
And check their homework..which half the time I don’t even know…
Math is way harder nowadays. It’s a fact.
And I sometimes forget how to speak English correctly. I try y’all. I TRY.
A Simple Chicken Spaghetti Casserole Recipe
But anyway, one thing I can do is make a quick dinner for school nights.
I mean, most of the time.
And Chicken Spaghetti is a super easy one that we all really like!
Tricks to Making the Best Chicken Spaghetti Casserole:
I love to make the whole process a little quicker by picking up a Rotisserie Chicken at the supermarket. You could certainly use cubed chicken breast, but I take a short-cut on this one and let the store do the work for me.
Just shred it up. You’ll get about about 4 cups from a Rotisserie Chicken.
Then mix in almost all the other ingredients…you have Cream of Chicken Soup, Tomato Sauce, Sour Cream, Melted Butter and seasonings.
I have actually been working with Challenge Butter this year and they have amazing new Spreadable Butters that would be fantastic if used in place of the melted butter in this recipe! The fact that it’s already seasoned just adds to the flavor and helps you skip a step when adding your spices!! I am especially partial to the Roasted Garlic and Herb.
Then you’re going to cook some spaghetti. Break your noodles in half before you cook them..it’ll be nicer in the casserole to have shorter noodles!
Then mix it all up with the chicken…
Place it in a casserole dish and sprinkle with cheese…
I love to add breadcrumbs to this on top for a bit of crunch and texture, but you could absolutely omit this step if you want!
When it’s done baking it will look pretty…
The breadcrumbs will be toasted and it will be hot and bubbly…
Then serve it up!
This Easy Chicken Spaghetti Casserole is a favorite around here! It’s a simple weeknight dinner that both kids and adults will love. This chicken and spaghetti recipe can provide ample leftovers for busy weeknights, too.
- 1 lb broken and cooked to al dente spaghetti
- 4 cups cooked cubed or shredded chicken (approx) I used 1 Rotisserie Chicken
- 1 (10.5 oz) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 (15 oz ) can tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup Challenge Butter , melted
- 16 oz sour cream
- 1 Tbsp dried parsley (or 2–3 Tbsp chopped fresh parsley)
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 cups grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 Tbsp butter, melted
- 3/4 cup Italian breadcrumbs
- Preheat oven to 350°
- In a large pot cook spaghetti (broken in half) to al dente, according to package directions.
- While pasta is cooking, shred or cube cooked chicken and place in a large bowl.
- Mix in Cream of chicken soup, tomato sauce, melted butter, sour cream, parsley, Italian seasoning, red pepper flakes and salt and pepper. Stir until chicken is coated and combined.
- When pasta is cooked, drain and place pasta in the bowl with the chicken mixture and mix until evely combined.
- Place mixture in a 9×13 baking dish. Top with grated cheese.
- Combine remaining 2 Tbsp melted butter and breadcrumbs in a bowl. Sprinkle evenly on top of cheese.
- Bake for 35-45 minutes until bubbly and breadcrumbs have browned.
- Remove from oven, let sit for 10 minutes and serve
Keywords:: easy chicken casserole recipe, chicken spaghetti casserole recipe, easy chicken spaghetti casserole recipe, how to make chicken spaghetti casserole, spaghetti casserole recipes, best spaghetti casseroles, easy casserole recipes, easy dinner recipes, chicken casserole recipe
Want To Save This Recipe?
*I was compensated by Challenge Dairy for this post, but all opinions expressed are my own. This is a recipe that we eat around here regularly!