Cheesy Chicken Artichoke Bake is an easy, flavor-packed meal that is low-carb as a bonus! This is a family favorite and we all fight over the leftovers!
I will admit, dinner planning is one of my least favorite things. I understand it’s not rocket science, but you know what? It might as well be. At least in my house. Everyone is very vocal about when they DON’T like something, but when I am looking for ideas, suddenly the people of my house know no other word except taco. I could, seriously, serve tacos every night of the week and I doubt I would ever get a complaint. Like, I make chili twice in one month and everyone groans, CHILI AGAINNNNN??? But tacos every other night? No problemo.
WHAT IS THE MAGIC OF THE TACO?
Anyhow, the point I am getting at, is planning dinners can be tough. But this Chicken and Artichoke Bake has quickly become a family favorite.
I’ll be honest, I have one kiddo who claims, “he isn’t a fan of artichokes”, but we will be putting him up for adoption next week, so that won’t be an issue for very long.
But I’m all about an easy, chicken dish with tons of flavor that is low-carb as a side-note. Let’s do this thing.
The prep time is super quick, and you can easily serve this with a side salad, or with pasta.
You’ve got sour cream and Italiany spices…
Also, did I mention there is a lot of cheese involved? Cream Cheese, Parmesan, and mozzarella please and thank you.
And you just drain and chop some marinated artichoke hearts! YUMMMM!
Mix that all together and spread it on top of some boneless, skinless chicken breasts!
Then bake it!
Be prepared to fall in LOVE with this easy chicken dinner. It might even take the place of taco night once in a while…or maybe that’s just wishful thinking!Print
An easy, flavor packed (low carb) dish that will easily become a family favorite!
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts (4 medium)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 3 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 – 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/2 cup fresh grated Parmesan cheese, packed
- 1 (14.5 ounce jar) marinated artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Coat a 2- quart baking dish with nonstick spray. Set aside.
- Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper and place in the prepared pan.
- In a large bowl combine the cream cheese, sour cream, Italian seasoning, parsley, garlic powder, and red pepper. Stir until evenly combined, with no lumps.
- Mix in the Parmesan cheese and artichokes evenly.
- Spread the cream cheese mixture on top of the chicken and sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, until the chicken is cooked and juices run clear.
- Serve immediately.
Add as much crushed red pepper as you would like.