These Half Pound Sprinkle Cookies are a whole EIGHT OUNCES of buttery sweetness, perfect to share…or, you know what…don’t share! Because sprinkles makes everything more fun!
Make sure to try my Half Pound Chocolate Chip Cookies too!
Today’s sprinkle cookie recipe is a sweet, simple, silly, and kind of unnecessary…but in the most necessary way. Also why do I always spell necessary wrong? Anyway, what I mean is, I’m not reinventing the wheel here. Remember last spring when I made my Half Pound Chocolate Chip Cookies? Well, turns out you guys really like a whole half pound worth of cookie.
Anyhow, I decided that chocolate chips shouldn’t have all the fun, because everyone knows sprinkles are the life of the party. AND with Valentine’s Day coming up, why not make a sprinkle cookie recipe that you and your love can share. Or not. I don’t share. But I was just thinking that maybe some people do. I don’t know.
The smiles these huge, soft half pound sprinkle cookies bring is so worth every last calorie. My kids go crazy for anything either HUGE or TINY. Single serving is so 2017.
The sprinkle cookie dough comes together in a pinch. No chilling or any of that nonsense.
But I do use a food scale. I don’t call them Half Pound-ISH Cookies.
Oh and I know you guys will ask about the sprinkles I used…
Aren’t they sweet?? They’re from a sweet reader who has a fab Etsy shop, Texan Sprinkles. And they actually stay a little crispy in the cookie which I LOVVVVEEEE. No one likes a soggy sprinkle.
That should be a bumper sticker.
And of course these sprinkle cookies take a minute to bake because, they’re huge…but don’t over bake them! The best part of half pound cookies are the gooey centers!
And of course you can use this sprinkle cookie recipe and not make them half pound! I have made them and used a 3- tablespoon sized cookie scoop (which is still a pretty large cookie) and just reduced the bake time to 9-10 minutes.
ANNNND if you love a half pound cookie recipe, but don’t feel like baking them yourself, you NEED to check out one of my most favorite cookie and cake shops in NYC, City Cakes! They make the most AMAZING Half Pound Cookies. Plus, they ship, so even if you’re not in New York, you can still try them! The Red Velvet is my most FAVE!Print
Buttery, sweet, loaded with sprinkles and a whole HALF POUND!
- 1 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup multicolored sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment mix the butter and sugar together for 2 minutes on medium speed.
- Add in the eggs, vanilla, salt, and baking soda. Mix for an additional minute on medium speed, scraping the sides of the bowl as necessary.
- Turn the mixer to low speed and add in the flour, mixing until just combined.
- Stir in the sprinkles until evenly incorporated.
- Portion 8 ounces of cookie dough. Use a food scale to ensure proper weight. Form the dough into a ball and place onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 12-13 minutes until the edges are lightly golden.The tops of the cookies will feel set, but the insides will be slightly under-baked, this is fine.
- Allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheet for 4 minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.
store airtight for up to 3 days
Keywords: easy cookie recipe, sprinkles cookies, funfetti cookies, sugar cookie recipe