These Cookie Dough Krispie Treats are super simple marshmallow rice krispie treats topped with chocolate chip cookie dough! Basically a no bake dessert lovers dream come true!
If this kind of dessert is your thing, you HAVE to try out my Trashy Treats recipe…your mind will be blown!
Well today I am sharing a fun recipe with you all. I mean when you combine two childhood favorite treats in one place, you know it’s going to be good. Cookie Dough AND rice krispie treats? Yes please and thank you!
I originally shared this recipe back in 2014, and the recipe itself remains unchanged. No need to mess with perfection! I just wanted to update the pictures and maybe add a few more tips and tricks to help you out.
Plus, there are a lot of folks new around here, and these might have been before your time. So this is for you!
Rice Krispie Treat Ingredients:
- mini marshmallows
- rice krispie cereal
Cookie Dough Layer
- light brown sugar
- granulated sugar
- kosher salt
- semi-sweet chocolate chips
Milk Chocolate Ganache
- chopped milk chocolate
- heavy cream
The Assembly Process:
I won’t go into too much detail here about the assembly, as it is written up in detail below in the recipe card, but it’s just about as easy as you would imagine.
- Make the rice krispie treats. Spread them in a lined or greased pan.
- Make the cookie dough and spread that on top of the rice krispie treat layer.
- Make a quick milk chocolate ganache and pour that on top.
- Allow it all to chill and cut into squares!
The cookie dough for this recipe is egg free, so it is safe in that aspect from salmonella that raw eggs can carry. If you are worried about the raw flour used in the cookie dough, check out my recipe for Edible Cookie Dough where I heat-treat the flour to kill any other bacteria. I go into detail in that post about why you might want to heat treat the flour.
But I’ll be honest with you…I rarely ever heat treat the flour when I make this recipe and I’m fine. They do also sell heat treated flour if that is a concern for you.
Looking for more Krispie Treat Recipes?
These cookie dough krispie treats are my two favorites in one place!
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 8 cups mini marshmallows
- 6 cups rice krispie cereal
Cookie Dough Layer
- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
Milk Chocolate Ganache
- 7 ounces chopped milk chocolate
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- Krispie Layer: Line a 9×13 pan with parchment paper or foil and coat lightly with nonstick spray. Set aside.
- In a large saucepan over low heat, melt butter. Once melted add in marshmallows, stirring continuously until they are melted. Immediately remove from heat and stir in cereal.
- Once the cereal is completely combined with the melted marshmallow, spread into pan and press evenly. Set aside while you’re making your cookie dough.
- Cookie Dough Layer: Beat butter and both sugars until combined. Add in milk, vanilla and salt and mix until smooth, scraping the sides as necessary.
- Turn mixer to low and add in the flour until incorporated. Finally stir in the chocolate chips.
- Spread the cookie dough over the krispie layer.
- Ganache: Chop milk chocolate and place in a heat safe bowl.
- Heat heavy cream until very hot and steaming, but not boiling. Pour hot cream over the milk chocolate and allow to sit for 1 minute to melt and soften the chocolate. Then stir the mixture until chocolate is completely melted. Allow chocolate to sit for 5 minutes to cool slightly and then pour on the cookie dough layer. Spread the chocolate to the edges of the pan and refrigerate for 20-30 minutes until chocolate is set.
- Remove from refrigerator and cut into squares.
As always, krispie treats are, in my opinion, best if served same day.
But if you need to, store airtight in refrigerator for up to 3 days. Allow to come to room temperature before serving.
- Serving Size: 1 bar
- Calories: 294
- Sugar: 25.6 g
- Sodium: 116.7 mg
- Fat: 13.8 g
- Carbohydrates: 41.7 g
- Protein: 2.7 g
- Cholesterol: 26.2 mg
Keywords: cookies and cups, cookie dough, krispie treats, recipe, no bake
Want To Save This Recipe?