These cookie dough krispie treats are my two favorites in one place!
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 8 cups mini marshmallows
- 6 cups rice krispie cereal
Cookie Dough Layer
- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
Milk Chocolate Ganache
- 7 ounces chopped milk chocolate
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- Krispie Layer: Line a 9×13 pan with parchment paper or foil and coat lightly with nonstick spray. Set aside.
- In a large saucepan over low heat, melt butter. Once melted add in marshmallows, stirring continuously until they are melted. Immediately remove from heat and stir in cereal.
- Once the cereal is completely combined with the melted marshmallow, spread into pan and press evenly. Set aside while you’re making your cookie dough.
- Cookie Dough Layer: Beat butter and both sugars until combined. Add in milk, vanilla and salt and mix until smooth, scraping the sides as necessary.
- Turn mixer to low and add in the flour until incorporated. Finally stir in the chocolate chips.
- Spread the cookie dough over the krispie layer.
- Ganache: Chop milk chocolate and place in a heat safe bowl.
- Heat heavy cream until very hot and steaming, but not boiling. Pour hot cream over the milk chocolate and allow to sit for 1 minute to melt and soften the chocolate. Then stir the mixture until chocolate is completely melted. Allow chocolate to sit for 5 minutes to cool slightly and then pour on the cookie dough layer. Spread the chocolate to the edges of the pan and refrigerate for 20-30 minutes until chocolate is set.
- Remove from refrigerator and cut into squares.
As always, krispie treats are, in my opinion, best if served same day.
But if you need to, store airtight in refrigerator for up to 3 days. Allow to come to room temperature before serving.
Keywords:: cookies and cups, cookie dough, krispie treats, recipe, no bake