The Perfect Rice Krispie Treats Recipe is loaded with just the right amount of Rice Krispie cereal and gooey, melty marshmallows, for perfect, bakery-style crispy treats!
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 8 cups, plus 2 cups mini marshmallows
- 6 cups Crispie Cereal
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt (optional)
- Line a 9×9 pan with foil and spray lightly with cooking spray, set aside.
- In a large pot over low heat melt butter. Once butter s melted add in 8 cups of mini marshmallows, stirring constantly.
- Once the marshmallows are just melted remove from heat and stir in your cereal and salt until just coated in the marshmallow mixture. Now stir in the remaining 2 cups of mini marshmallows.
- Pour mixture into prepared pan and press in evenly.
- Allow to cool completely before cutting into squares.
Store airtight at room temperature for up to 3 days, but I always prefer Krispie treats the same day they were made!
- Serving Size: 1 bar
- Calories: 156
- Sugar: 16.4 g
- Sodium: 193.8 mg
- Fat: 3.7 g
- Carbohydrates: 30.3 g
- Protein: 1.2 g
- Cholesterol: 9.5 mg
Keywords: rice crispy treats recipe, the best rice krispie treats, no bake recipes