The perfect rice krispies treat recipe is easy, gooey, and sweet! Loaded with marshmallows!
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 8 cups, plus 2 cups mini marshmallows
- 6 cups Crispie Cereal
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt (optional)
- Line a 9×9 pan with foil and spray lightly with cooking spray, set aside.
- In a large pot over low heat melt butter. Once butter s melted add in 8 cups mini marshmallows, stirring constantly.
- Once the marshmallows are just melted remove from heat and stir in your cereal and salt until just coated in marshmallow mixture. Now stir in the remaining 2 cups of mini marshmallows.
- Pour mixture into prepared pan and press in evenly.
- Allow to cool completely before cutting into squares.
*Store airtight at room temperature for up to 3 days, but I always prefer krispie treats the same day they were made!
Keywords:: rice krispie treats, rice crispy treats, marshmallows, cereal