This Easy Chocolate Mousse recipe is equally delicious and versatile. Eat it on it’s own, or layer it in a trifle or cake…it’s a creamy no bake mousse that you will love!
This Chocolate Mousse Recipe is THE BEST!
So today I am posting a recipe that I have been on the search of for AGES! Easy Chocolate Mousse!
I have made Chocolate Mousse before…but have never really found a recipe that I liked. I tried to develop my own a few years back which ended in spoon throwing and tears. Nope, not dramatic at all. So today I’m sharing all the steps to get a perfectly creamy, thick but not too thick chocolate mousse that you will LOVE!
AND I have a short little video to show you how to make chocolate mousse!
How Do You Make Chocolate Mousse?
This Easy Chocolate Mousse recipe has a few steps…but trust me none are hard at all…AND like I said before this is a great recipe to use, it’s stable enough to layer between cakes, or even stand on its own.
I’m breaking down ALL the steps with pictures to show you how!
Start with mixing eggs and sugar. Then heat some heavy cream in a saucepan while the sugar and eggs are mixing…
Pour the warm heavy cream into the egg mixture slowly and mix it up. Then pour it back into a pot on the stove to heat more and thicken.
When the egg/cream mixture is thickened add in your chocolate. You will want to use a quality chocolate in this recipe. Go ahead and spend the extra few dollars. It will be worth it for delicious chocolate mousse.
Mix the chocolate into the warm cream and egg mixture until it’s melted.
Then pop it in the fridge for a few hours until it chills completely and becomes VERY thick.
Go ahead and beat up some whipped cream and fold that into the chilled chocolate mixture. I found that using the paddle attachment on my mixer set on low worked the best.
Finally Step #7
Pipe the mousse right into little cups, in a trifle, or layered in a cake!
I simply used a pastry bag with a large piping tip…
And then of course sprinkles…
I hope you try this easy chocolate mousse recipe. I know you will love it!
And if you’re a chocolate mousse lover, try my Sugar Wafer Chocolate Mousse Pie, it’s LIFE CHANGING!Print
makes 8 servings
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 2 1/2 cups cold heavy whipping cream, divided
- 6 oz semi-sweet chocolate (about 1 cup semi-sweet chips)
- Beat eggs and granulated sugar with your mixer for about 3 minutes.
- Meanwhile heat 1 cup heavy whipping cream in a small saucepan until just hot, not boiling. With mixer on low pour the hot cream into the egg mixture slowly until combined.
- Next, add the egg/cream mixture back into the saucepan and over low heat, stir for five minutes constantly until thickened. Do not boil.
- Remove from heat and stir in chocolate until melted. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours, until chilled, stirring occasionally.
- When the mixture is completely chilled and firm use your whisk attachment on your stand mixer to whip the remaining heavy cream until stiff peaks form. Remove chocolate from fridge and using the paddle attachment or a spoon fold/stir the whipped cream into the chocolate until incorporated and smooth. I found using the paddle attachment on low speed worked best.
- Serve immediately as-is, or refrigerate until ready to use.
Perfect served alone or as a cake filling, cupcake topping, or layered dessert filling
Keywords:: chocolate mousse, mousse, recipe, chocolate
Want To Save This Recipe?