These Smores Fudge Bars are one of my most favorite treats! This easy Smores recipe is a version of the campfire treat that you can enjoy all year long, with a graham cracker crust, a sweet and silky chocolate filling with a fluffy, toasted homemade marshmallow topping!
S’mores Fudge Bars Are Treat All Year Long!
I am a HUGE smores fan! And in all honesty, I fancy myself a bit of a smores connoisseur…which, in fact, is my birthright. Did I tell you I was born on National Smores Day? Yep. It’s in my DNA. And of course, I have so many smores recipes here on my site, like S’mores Cheesecake!
And since I try and get my smores fix any which way, I created these Smores Fudge Bars that are all the flavors we love in smores, but OH SO MUCH MORE! You have a rich, silky fudge filling, on top of a thick graham cracker crust, all topped with Homemade Marshmallow Fluff, which is so dreamy!
What Are S’mores?
Let’s start at the beginning, in case you aren’t familiar with s’mores. Can you believe I have met people who have never had s’mores? I don’t know why this is so mind boggling to me, but it sure is. I suppose if you didn’t grow up in the US, or Canada it hasn’t always been a universal treat.
S’mores are campfire treats that generally consist of a toasted marshmallow and a piece of chocolate sandwiched between two graham crackers. Of course I take tons of liberty when making s’mores by the fire. My favorite combo is two Ritz crackers, a peanut butter cup and a toasted marshmallow. It’s salty/sweet perfection! BUT in keeping with tradition, these S’mores Fudge Bars are all the classic flavors.
S’mores Fudge Bars Are An Easy Fudge Recipe!
How to Make S’mores Fudge Bars
For these s’mores fudge bars, the steps are all easy. You just have three different layers to create!
- First you make your graham cracker crust, which is a simple graham cracker crust recipe, just graham crackers, butter, sugar, and salt. You bake that up until it’s lightly golden.
- Next up make your chocolate fudge filling, which only has two ingredients, milk chocolate and sweetened condensed milk. You melt sweetened condensed milk and milk chocolate together to form a thick, but pourable chocolate fudge. Spread this on top of the crust!
Next you make your homemade marshmallow fluff! Once you make this homemade, you will never buy the store-bought again!
- You just beat egg whites and some cream of tartar together until soft peaks form.
- Next, make a sugar syrup in a saucepan with corn syrup, sugar, and water. You will need a candy thermometer here to make sure it comes up to 240°F. This guarantees the thickness, and firmness of the fluff.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, you slowly pour the syrup into the egg whites, while mixing. Once it’s all added, beat that for 7-8 minutes until it’s thick and glossy!
- This recipe makes a lot, and you can use it all on your fudge bars, or spread a thinner layer on top and save the rest!
- Spread the marshmallow fluff on the chocolate with an off-set spatula and then pop it under the broiler, just for about a minute until it gets a little brown on top…
- Please watch closely as it broils, because it can go from lightly toasted to burnt QUICKLY!
Allow the bars to cool completely before slicing into pieces, and then enjoy!! I love fudge recipes, and this S’mores Fudge is deliciously unique!
AND you guys all love these bars so much they were one of the recipes I included in my book from my website! There are only a few recipes that made the cut, and these did.
Check out my book HERE!
Looking For More S’mores Desserts? Try These:Print
makes 25 bars
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 cups milk chocolate chips
- 14 oz sweetened condensed milk
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 egg whites
- 1/4 tsp cream of tartar
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Line a 9×9 baking pan with foil. Set aside.
- Mix all the ingredients for your crust together and press evenly into pan.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and set aside.
- Next make your chocolate filling. In a medium sauce pan combine the milk chocolate and sweetened condense milk together over medium-low heat and stir until melted. Pour immediately onto crust.
- Combine sugar, corn syrup, water and salt in a small saucepan over medium-high heat. Boil together until a candy thermometer reads 240°.
- While mixture is boiling beat 2 egg whites and cream of tartar together until soft peaks form.
- When syrup is ready, turn mixer onto low and drizzle the syrup along the side of the bowl slowly combining it into the egg whites.
- When all the syrup has been added turn mixer up to medium high and beat for 7-8 minutes until thick and glossy. When there is about one minute left add in the vanilla.
- Spread about 1 1/2 – 2 cups of the Fluff on top of the chocolate layer.
- Turn oven onto broil and place pan under broiler for 1 minute or until the top of the marshmallow layer gets lightly golden.
- Cut into squares when ready to serve.
Store bars airtight at room temperature for up to 2 days or refrigerated for up to 5 days.
Store the remaining Fluff at in an airtight container, refrigerated for up to 2 weeks.
- Serving Size: 1 piece
- Calories: 291
- Sugar: 37.7 g
- Sodium: 180.1 mg
- Fat: 11.8 g
- Carbohydrates: 45 g
- Protein: 4.1 g
- Cholesterol: 17 mg
Keywords: fudge recipe, smores, smores fudge, smores recipe, marshmallow fluff, graham cracker crust