This S’mores Cheesecake is a crowd pleaser for sure!
This past weekend was my birthday, and of course what kind of cake I want is always a source of heavy reflection and internal debate. My husband is usually pretty good about making a cake for me. I mean, there have been those years where he said, “I thought you were dieting”…which have ended in me murdering him with my mind.
But the longer we’ve been together, he has come to the realization that a cake is a non-negotiable…diet or not. Also, can we just let all men know that our diets are NONE OF THEIR BUSINESS. I do not ever want my husband reminding me of my diet. Ever. EVER.
ANYHOW!…National S’more Day happens to fall on my birthday, August 10th…ahem. Which basically is the most perfect coincidence in all the land. Right? So I decided to take the universe’s cue and make a S’mores Cheesecake. Because, well…S’mores and also cheesecake.
If you have been reading my site for any length of time, you know that cheesecake is my lover. I am obsessed. I’ve created all sorts of cheesecake recipes here on my site, most recently CHOCOLATE CHEESECAKE!
BUT I am also not a great cheesecake MAKER. It’s honestly for the best, but still.
The whole issue of “is it done?”, and “Can I take it out now?” and “IS IT DONE?!” has plagued me for years. They should make a cheesecake thermometer or something! And by they, I mean anyone but me.
But let me just say that this was totally easy and kind of amazing.
You need to make it!
Start with a graham cracker crust…
Press that in a 10″ Springform pan. And then sprinkle two cups of mini marshmallows all over that.
Then heat up some hot fudge sauce and pour that all over the marshmallows…
It’s getting there…
Next go ahead and make your filling. This recipe doesn’t use sugar, but instead uses sweetened condensed milk. Not gonna argue with that!
After the cream cheese, sweetened condensed milk, eggs and vanilla are mixed, add in some more mini marshmallows and also some mini chocolate chips!
Pour that over your crust…
And bake it until it’s almost done.
At that point sprinkle some more marshmallows on top until they get puffed and slightly golden…
Then here’s the hard part. You have to let it cool. I recommend a full overnight. Before you put it in the fridge, loosen the edges of the crust with a knife.
When it’s completely chilled, pull it out of the fridge, and garnish it with graham cracker crumbs, milk chocolate bars and more hot fudge sauce…
Isn’t it beautiful?
Then fully accept that you are going to eat 3 slices.
Looking for more cheesecake recipes? Try these:Print
- 2 1/2 cups graham crackers crumbs
- 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 3/4 cups butter, melted
- 2 cups mini marshmallows
- ½ cups warmed hot fudge ice cream topping
- 16 oz cream cheese (2, 8 oz blocks), room temperature
- 14 oz sweetened condensed milk
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
- 2 1/2 cups mini marshmallows, divided
- 1–2 Hershey bars broken into pieces
- 1/4 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup – 1/2 cup Hot Fudge Sauce
- Preheat oven to 325°
- In a large bowl combine graham cracker crumbs, granulated sugar and melted butter. Press evenly in and up the sides of a 10 inch springform pan.
- Sprinkle 2 cups of mini marshmallows evenly over crust and then drizzle warmed hot fudge sauce over marshmallows. Set aside.
- In bowl of stand mixer combine cream cheese and sweetened condensed milk, mixing on low speed until smooth (It took mine about 3 minutes) Add in eggs, one at a time and vanilla. Don’t over-mix.
- Stir in chocolate chips and 1 cup of mini marshmallows. Pour over crust.
- Bake for 45 minutes until center is almost set. Remove from oven and sprinkle remaining marshmallows (1 1/2 cups) over top. Place back in oven for 5 minutes until marshmallows are puffed and slightly golden.
- Cool cheesecake for 30 minutes on wire rack, loosen cheesecake from pan, by running a knife around the edges. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- When ready to serve, garnish by sprinkling extra graham crumbs on top, pressing Hershey bars into top and then drizzling extra hot fudge sauce all over.
Store airtight in refrigerator for up to 5 days
Want To Save This Recipe?