These Ice Cream Sundae Cookies are a fun way to have all your Ice Cream Cone favorites in a cookie!
I was thinking a while back what would happen if you put all the stuff you like about an ice cream cone into a cookie.
Because these are things that I think about.
My brain is filled with all sorts of questions. Mostly revolving around food, but sometimes also the Kardashians.
I cheated a little bit on these and didn’t use ice cream cones. Because I used these Butter Crisps that I buy and hoard from the store. I am obsessed with them.. they are like the best tasting waffle cone ever.
Anyhow, totally use sugar cones or waffle cones if you don’t have those Butter Crisps.
I coarsely crushed them…
And then I decided to use white chocolate chips, you know, kinda vanilla ice cream-ish.
And then also M&Ms. Because they are pretty.
Fold the crushed cones or butter crisp cookies into the dough.
It will be thick.
I flattened my dough a little bit before baking them, because the cookies will stay super fat if you don’t.
Then I thought drizzling them with melted chocolate would be the right thing to do.
And it was.
makes 2 dozen cookies
- 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 1/3 cups flour
- 2 cups coarsely crushed waffle cones, or Butter Crisp Cookies
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup M&M candies
- *optional ~ 1 cup semi sweet chips for drizzle
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper
- In mixing bowl cream butter and sugar together until fluffy.
- Add in egg and vanilla and mix until incorporated.
- Turn speed to low and add in salt, baking soda and flour until dough forms.
- Fold in ice cream cones, white chocolate chips and M&Ms
- Using a spoon or cookie scoop drop dough onto lined pan. Flatten dough a little bit, as these cookies don’t spread too much when baking.
- Bake for 8-9 minutes until edges slightly golden.
- Transfer to wire rack to cool.
- If desired, place semi-sweet chip in a zip-top bag and microwave in 30 second increments until melted. Snip off the corn of the bag and drizzle melted chocolate on top of cookies.
store airtight for up to 3 days.