Toasted Coconut Banana Bread is soft, moist and sweetened with ripe bananas, brown sugar and toasted coconut!
I LOVE banana bread! I have tons of banana bread recipes on my site already, but is there ever too much banana bread in the world? I’m fairly certain the answer is no sir. Chocolate Chip Banana Bread has always been my most favorite, but I’m telling you, I do not discriminate.
Which brings me to today…doesn’t toasted coconut just BELONG in banana bread? I mean it’s almost offensive it’s taken me this long to develop this recipe!
The amazing thing about this Toasted Coconut Banana Bread is that you use coconut oil instead of butter. Of course you can use butter if you prefer or don’t have coconut oil on hand, but if you use cold pressed coconut oil it will add to the coconut flavor, which I love!
The coconut oil also gives it a slightly more dense and moist texture. It’s really perfect!
How To Make Toasted Coconut Banana Bread
The steps for this banana bread recipe are easy and nothing you can’t handle. You don’t even need a mixer…just a big bowl and a wooden spoon! BUT you do need to toast the coconut. I mean, it’s in the name of the recipe and all!
How To Toast Coconut
- Add sweetened flaked coconut to a medium skillet and heat it to medium-low. Stir the coconut flakes frequently because as it heats up the coconut will begin to brown quickly. Once it’s a nice golden color, remove the coconut from the warm pan so it doesn’t continue to brown.
- If you would prefer to toast your coconut in the oven, that’s also easy. Preheat the oven to 325°F. Spread the coconut flakes on a baking sheet in a thin, even layer and bake for 5-10 minutes.
The amazing thing about this banana bread, is that it is even better the next day. I think it gives the coconut flavors a chance to meld, and the coconut oil gives it the BEST texture!
If you want to reheat it, try a slice in the toaster with a little butter…OMG SO GOOD!!
Love banana bread as much as I do? Try these recipes:Print
This in an undeniably delicious banana bread recipe! The coconut adds the perfect hit of sweetness!
- 1 1/2 cups sweetened flaked coconut
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup mashed ripe banana (2 to 3 medium bananas)
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, in its liquid state
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Spay a 9×5 loaf pan with nonstick spray. Line the bottom and up the short sides with parchment paper and spray again. Set aside.
- In a nonstick skillet over medium-low heat toast the coconut until it becomes lightly golden. Remove from the heat immediately. Set aside.
- Whisk the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt together in a large bowl.
- Mix together the eggs, banana, coconut oil,and vanilla. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and stir to combine.
- Stir in the coconut and pour into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Allow the bread to cool in the pan for 15 minutes and then remove from the pan using the parchment paper and place on a wire rack to cool completely.
You can enjoy this bread immediately, but I actually prefer it the next day.
So after it’s cooled, wrap it tightly in cling wrap and and store it at room temperature overnight.
Keywords:: banana bread, cookies and cups, banana recipe, coconut, coconut oil, toasted coconut
Want To Save This Recipe?