This in an undeniably delicious banana bread recipe! The coconut adds the perfect hit of sweetness!
- 1 1/2 cups sweetened flaked coconut
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup mashed ripe banana (2 to 3 medium bananas)
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, in its liquid state
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Spay a 9×5 loaf pan with nonstick spray. Line the bottom and up the short sides with parchment paper and spray again. Set aside.
- In a nonstick skillet over medium-low heat toast the coconut until it becomes lightly golden. Remove from the heat immediately. Set aside.
- Whisk the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt together in a large bowl.
- Mix together the eggs, banana, coconut oil,and vanilla. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and stir to combine.
- Stir in the coconut and pour into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Allow the bread to cool in the pan for 15 minutes and then remove from the pan using the parchment paper and place on a wire rack to cool completely.
You can enjoy this bread immediately, but I actually prefer it the next day.
So after it’s cooled, wrap it tightly in cling wrap and and store it at room temperature overnight.
Keywords:: banana bread, cookies and cups, banana recipe, coconut, coconut oil, toasted coconut