Peanut Butter Cup Crack Brownies are completely over the top in the best way possible! Soft, fudgy brownies, with a layer of peanut butter cups, topped with a thick crispy peanut butter chocolate layer!
These Peanut Butter Cup Crack Brownies are the dessert you should bring to any event where you want to seriously impress people. I can’t even begin to describe their deliciousness. They are consistently one of the most popular recipes on my website for good reason, EVERYONE LOVES THEM!
So I started with a box of Ghirardelli Double Chocolate Brownies… they are some of my favorite boxed brownies.
While they were baking I chopped up some peanut butter cups…
In all honesty I used peanut butter cup eggs that I have leftover from Easter. Shhh, don’t tell my kids.
Then I chopped up some peanuts…
Mix those together.
When your brownie has 5 minutes left to bake pull it out of the oven and sprinkle your pb cups and peanuts all over the top…
The chocolate will get melty.
When they’re set up you can dig in.
The foil makes the whole situation easier, so don’t forget to line your pan before you bake your brownies…
Then go ahead and get to cutting…
Have your your local rehab facility on speed-dial. You’ll need them.
makes 25 squares
- 1 box brownie mix (not family sized), prepared according to package directions in a 9×9 pan
- 1/2 cup chopped salted or honey roasted peanuts
- 12 peanut butter cups, chopped
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1 heaping cup creamy peanut butter (or 1 1/4 cups)
- 1 3/4 cups crispy rice cereal
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp – 1 tsp kosher salt
- Bake brownies according to package directions in a 9×9 pan lined with foil.
- During last 5 minutes of baking, remove from oven and sprinkle chopped peanut butter cups and chopped peanuts on top. Return to oven for remaining 5 minutes to melt the chocolate.
- As soon as you pull them out of the oven, spread the melty peanut butter cups/peanuts with an off-set spatula to smooth over top. Let brownies cool.
- Next in a microwave safe bowl combine chocolate chips, peanut butter and butter. Heat in microwave for 1 minute, stirring when done. If needed, continue heating in 20 second increments until chocolate chips are melted.
- Stir in cereal, vanilla and salt until evenly combined.
- Pour over brownies and smooth. Chill until chocolate is set, about 2 hours.
- Cut into squares to serve
Store airtight for up to 3 days. You can store these at room temperature or in refrigerator.
Recipe adapted from bhg