Peanut Butter Cup Crack Brownies are completely over the top in the best way possible! Soft, fudgy brownies, with a layer of peanut butter cups, topped with a thick crispy peanut butter chocolate layer!
- 1 box brownie mix (not family sized), prepared according to package directions in a 9×9 pan
- 1/2 cup chopped salted or honey roasted peanuts
- 12 peanut butter cups, chopped
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 1/4 cups creamy peanut butter
- 1 3/4 cups Rice Krispie cereal
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Bake the brownies according to package directions in a 9×9 pan lined with foil.
- During last 5 minutes of baking, remove from oven and sprinkle chopped peanut butter cups and chopped peanuts on top. Return to oven for remaining 5 minutes to melt the chocolate.
- As soon as you pull them out of the oven, spread the melty peanut butter cups/peanuts with an off-set spatula to smooth over top. Let brownies cool.
- Next in a microwave safe bowl combine chocolate chips, peanut butter and butter. Heat in microwave for 1 minute, stirring when done. If needed, continue heating in 20 second increments until chocolate chips are melted.
- Stir in cereal, vanilla and salt until evenly combined.
- Pour over brownies and smooth. Chill until chocolate is set, about 2 hours.
- Cut into squares to serve
Store airtight for up to 3 days. You can store these at room temperature or in refrigerator.