These Bombshell Oreo Brownies are super fudgy, loaded with Oreo cookies and simple to make! They’re everything a brownie should be!
Sometimes you just need a brownie. And sometimes you just need an Oreo.
And sometimes you need both. Yes, that’s me right now.
So today I’m curing cravings willy nilly. It’s the service I provide to the world…
One of the things I learned you should do as a business owner/website publisher/useful human is to be able to solve a problem.
It’s a basic life lesson, really…one I learned from Thomas the Tank Engine many years ago when my boys were wee little ones. I didn’t quite understand the importance of being useful at the time. Mommy brain sometimes makes you temporarily incapable of understanding the big picture…
But as I (and my kids) have gotten a little older I fully understand the concept of being useful.
Because really what’s the alternative?
So today Thomas and I are working together to cure the chocolate craving that lives in your bones.
With Bombshell Oreo Brownies. Very useful indeed.
The base for this recipe is a popular one from allrecipes. I’ve seen it, bookmarked it and meant to make it for quite a while.
Finally I had a day last week where I felt a little murdery, and I knew chocolate was the cure.
And since I can’t just leave things alone I decided to take the Bombshell to the next level. With Oreos, as one does.
Oh yeah.. and white chips.
Because nothing is prettier than white chips in a brownie.
The brownie batter is super simple. I used Dark Cocoa powder for mine to amp up the richness a bit, but totally use regular cocoa powder if you want.
Spread half of the batter into a lined pan…
Top it with a TON of chopped Oreos…
And then spread the remaining batter on top.
They bake up pretty perfectly.
Just wait until they cool to slice them!
Or just dig into the warm pan with a spoon.
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 cups light brown sugar, packed
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 cup cocoa powder
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 25 Oreo cookies coarsely chopped
- Preheat your oven to 350°F/175°C
- Line 9×13 pan with foil and spray with nonstick spray. Set aside.
- In the bowl of stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment combine the butter, sugar, vanilla and eggs. Mix on medium speed until combined, about 1 minute.
- Add in salt and the cocoa powder and mix on medium until combined, 30 seconds to a minute.
- Turn the mixer to low and add in the flour until incorporated.
- Stir in the white chips.
- Spread half of the batter into pan. Top with the Oreos and spread the remaining batter on top.
- Bake 35-40 minutes until center is almost set.