These Bombshell Oreo Brownies are super fudgy, loaded with Oreo cookies and simple to make! They’re everything a brownie should be!
If you’re looking for a classic brownie recipe, I’ve got you covered! My Perfect Fudgy Brownie Recipe is absolutely incredible!
Table of Contents
- These Oreo Brownies Are a Total Bombshell!!
- Oreos and Brownies Are the Perfect Combination!
- How Do You Get That Crackly Top?
- Which Oreos Should You Use?
- What Makes These Brownies So Good?
- Can You Use Dutch Process Cocoa Powder In These Oreo Brownies?
- Looking For Other Brownie Recipes? I Have LOTS! Here Are A Few You Might Like:
- Get the Recipe
These Oreo Brownies Are a Total Bombshell!!
Today’s brownies recipe is the ULTIMATE! Brownies should be soft, fudgy and sweet, with a crackly top and chewy edge. And this recipe has ALL that, PLUS chopped Oreo cookies and white chocolate chips mixed right in.
Oreos and Brownies Are the Perfect Combination!
I originally published these Oreo Brownies back in 2015 and while it still remains one of my most popular brownie recipes (and I have a bunch!) I thought they needed a little spruce up with some new pictures and recipe tweaks!
You see I have learned a thing or two about writing recipes over the years, and especially after I wrote my book. I noticed that I was getting a few comments on this recipe that they turned out dry. Having made these brownies so many times I couldn’t understand how anyone could think they were dry! Anyhow I realized within the recipe there was a step that read a little unclear and easily could lead to an omission of an important ingredient (the brown sugar!). So long story short, I edited the wording of the recipe so that it read more clearly. Don’t worry if you have made and loved these brownies all along, the recipe remains the same…I just clarified the wording to prevent error!
- Melted butter.
- Granulated sugar
- Light brown sugar
- Vanilla extract
- Kosher salt
- All purpose flour
- Cocoa powder
- White chocolate chips
- Oreo cookies
How Do You Get That Crackly Top?
This is a question I get a LOT! It’s one of the holy grail traits of a perfect brownie recipe. Here’s the secret…
Melting the butter and mixing it with the sugars is the trick. I know it sounds so simple, but it’s the way to get a crackly top on homemade brownies! You don’t want to mix them together so much that the sugar dissolves, but you will want it to be mixed well. I know that seems simple, but there you go!
Which Oreos Should You Use?
Here’s where you can get creative! With so many flavors of Oreo cookies on the market now, you have tons of options!
- Birthday Cake Oreos
- Mint Oreos
- Chocolate Cream Oreos
- Peanut Butter Oreos
- Double Stuf Oreos
- And really any seasonal Oreo flavor you can find!
Cookie + Chip Combos That Will Work:
- Birthday Cake Oreos + white chips + 1/4 cup sprinkles
- Mint Oreos + chopped Andes candies
- Chocolate Cream Oreos + semi sweet chocolate chips
- Peanut Butter Oreos + peanut butter chips
- Double Stuf Oreos + white chips and chocolate chips
What Makes These Brownies So Good?
These brownies are simple, to make, but turn out perfect every time! Here’s why:
- These brownies are thick and chewy! The extra egg and combination of sugars make these rich with a chewy edge.
- The trick to gooey brownies is to bake them until a toothpick inserted a few inches from the edge comes out clean. If you wait until the center is completely set you will end up with dry brownies, and no one wants that!
- You can use dark cocoa powder in place of the regular unsweetened cocoa powder if you prefer dark chocolate! Hershey’s makes a great Special Dark Cocoa powder!
Can You Use Dutch Process Cocoa Powder In These Oreo Brownies?
Dutch process cocoa powder is treated with alkali to neutralize the acidity. And typically if you substitute Dutch process for regular you would just cut back on the baking soda by 1/8 teaspoon of for every 3 tablespoons of cocoa powder used.
But in this case there is no baking soda or baking powder. (The extra egg combined with the sugars works to create the unique texture.) So you won’t need to alter the recipe at all, and the two can be swapped with no other alterations.
Looking For Other Brownie Recipes? I Have LOTS! Here Are A Few You Might Like:
- Marshmallow Brownies
- Cookies and Cream Stuffed Brownies
- M&Ms Brownies
- Peanut Butter Cup Brownies
- Sweet and Salty Brownies
- My Kid’s Favorite Brownies
These Bombshell Oreo Brownies are a website favorite! Fudgy, rich, and loaded with Oreo cookies!
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 cups light brown sugar, packed
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 4 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 25 Oreo cookies coarsely chopped
- Preheat your oven to 350°F/175°C. Line 9×13 pan with foil and spray with nonstick spray. Set aside.
- In the bowl of stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment combine the butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar, vanilla, and eggs.
- Mix on medium speed until combined, about 1 minute.
- Add in salt and the cocoa powder and mix on medium until combined, 30 seconds to a minute.
- Turn the mixer to low and add in the flour until incorporated.
- Stir in the white chips.
- Spread half of the batter into pan. Top with the Oreos and spread the remaining batter on top.
- Bake 35-40 minutes until center is almost set.
store airtight at room temperature for up to 3 days.
- Serving Size: 1 brownie
- Calories: 504
- Sugar: 45.4 g
- Sodium: 348.8 mg
- Fat: 22.7 g
- Carbohydrates: 72.3 g
- Protein: 5.1 g
- Cholesterol: 52.8 mg
Want To Save This Recipe?
PIN for later: