These soft brownies are topped with a thin fudgy icing that you pour right on! These are easily my kid’s most favorite brownies!
Prefer a more classic brownie? Make sure to try my Perfect Fudgy Brownies too!
My Kid’s Favorite Brownies!
So this homemade brownie recipe is a family classic…one of those things that my mom made for me growing up. It’s a little different than a classic fudgy brownie, but just as delicious. In fact, the reason that they’re my kid’d favorite it that they have a layer of pourable chocolate frosting on top that melts right into the brownie, while leaving a crusty icing coating. It’s a lot like the type of frosting you pour onto a Texas Sheet Cake, or my Sunday Chocolate Cake.
What To Expect:
- A classic soft chocolate brownie topped with rich chocolate frosting poured onto the brownies while they’re still warm!
- Brownies that are super family-friendly made without coffee or espresso. Some kids (and adults) don’t prefer that intense chocolate flavor, which makes these perfect for birthday parties and kids events.
- The brownies are thick and chewy and perfectly sweet.
- A one bowl brownie recipe made with cocoa powder and only 6 ingredients in total (not including the frosting!)
What You Need For Our Favorite Brownies/Ingredients:
- Melted butter
- Cocoa powder
- Large eggs
- Vanilla extract
- Granulated sugar
- All purpose flour
- Room temperature butter
- Cocoa powder
- Powdered sugar
- Mix the melted butter, cocoa powder, eggs and vanilla together it will begin to thicken up, so make sure you mix it enough!
- Then add sugar and flour, and spread it into a prepared pan.
- These bake up very evenly, which is so great!
- While they’re baking make your frosting. And then spread that all over the top while the brownies are still warm.This makes some of the frosting melt right into the top of the brownies. YES!
How To Store Brownies:
- I have always found that brownies get more moist the longer they sit uncut. I love making them the day ahead covering them airtight in the pan I baked them in and then cutting right before I’m ready to serve.
- They will be great stored airtight at room temperature for up to 3 days.
- If they are cut, store them airtight at room temperature as well. Brownies tend to dry out a little if they’re stored pre-cut, but I know this is sometimes impossible to avoid. Wrapping them individually in plastic wrap is the perfect way to avoid pre-cut brownies from drying out, but you definitely don’t have to do this. Just make sure they’re as airtight as possible.
- You can absolutely freeze these as well airtight for up to 30 days for best freshness. Thaw them at room temperature!
These homemade brownies are the perfect little sweet snack, that my kid told me were “even better than Cosmic Brownies” which basically translates into BEST EVER!
BUT I do have a pretty epic Rainbow Chip Brownie Recipe on my site too…aka Homemade Cosmic Brownies!
Looking for more Homemade Brownie Recipes? Here are a few I love!Print
My Kids Favorite Brownies
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 30 Brownies 1x
- Category: Brownies
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: Dessert
These are my kids favorite brownies! It’s such a simple brownie recipe guaranteed to be a hit!
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/2 tablespoon vanilla
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup butter, room temperature
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a 9×13 pan with foil and coat with nonstick spray. Set aside.
- In bowl of stand mixer combine melted butter and cocoa powder. Mix on medium speed until all lumps are gone.
- Add in eggs and vanilla and beat until thickened and smooth, about 1 minute.
- Add in the sugar and mix until incorporated and finally add in flour and mix until combined.
- Spread in prepared pan and bake 20-25 minutes until center is just set.
- While the brownies are baking, prepare your frosting by mixing the butter and cocoa powder together. Add in the milk and powdered sugar and beat until smooth, about 2 minutes.
- Allow the brownies to cool for 15 minutes and then spread on the frosting. The brownies will still be warm, which is fine. The frosting will melt into the brownies.
- Allow brownies to cool completely before cutting into squares,
store airtight for up to 3 days
- Serving Size: 1 brownie
- Calories: 231
- Sugar: 30.2 g
- Sodium: 12.3 mg
- Fat: 8.7 g
- Carbohydrates: 37.8 g
- Protein: 2.2 g
- Cholesterol: 45.2 mg
Keywords: brownies, recipe, cookies and cups, easy
Want To Save This Recipe?
Find more recipes like this:
PIN for later:
80 comments on “My Kids Favorite Brownies”
Hi there, I’m going to 1/2 this recipe for 8 x 8 pan. How much less baking time do you think it’ll need? I always have trouble testing for doneness with brownies – TIA!!
I would start with 12 – 15 and check them!