3 Musketeers Fudge Brownies are a chewy brownie, topped with a thick layer of fudge, loaded with chopped 3 Musketeers bars. This is for the major chocolate lover!
3 Musketeers Fudge Brownies
These crazy fudgy brownies are so over the top in the best way possible. The great thing about them is they are easy to make, but a true showstopper of a brownie recipe! You start with a baked fudgy brownie topped with chopped 3 Musketeers candy bars and THEN a layer of homemade fudge! If you’re looking for a classic brownie recipe, this is HALF of what you’re looking for haha. I actually took a huge cheat and used a boxed mix for the base of this brownie recipe. Because, really the 3 Musketeers fudge topping is the star of the show!
Tools You Will Need:
- 9×9 baking pan to bake the brownies.
- Parchment Paper. You will see in the photos (they are older and need updating) that I used aluminum foil in the pan. You can do this to, but I exclusively use parchment paper now to line my pans.
- A Large Bowl. This is to mix up the brownie batter.
- Rubber Spatula. To mix the batter and the fudge.
- Cutting Board. You’re going to be chopping up your candy bars.
- A Sharp Knife. Again, to chop those candy bars.
If You Don’t Like 3 Musketeers…
I won’t hold it against you if you’re not into 3 Musketeers. I think you’re wrong, but I won’t hold it against you lol. The great thing about this recipe is you can use just about ANY candy bar in place of 3 Musketeers. Here are some fun ideas that would be delicious:
- Peanut Butter Cups
- Snickers Bars
- Peppermint Patties
- Milky Way
These simple ingredients are all you need! The full recipe can be found at the bottom of the article.
- Boxed brownie mix. You’re going to bake this according to the package directions.
- Semi sweet chocolate chips or chopped semi-sweet chocolate
- Sweetened condensed milk
- 3 Musketeers bars
How To Make 3 Musketeers Fudge Brownies:
Bake the brownies: Depending on the brand of boxed mix you choose the exact measurements will vary, but most boxed mixes call for oil, eggs, and water and bake according to the package directions. Like I mentioned, I started with a boxed brownie mix. Feel free to use your own recipe, or absolutely try my brownie recipe (it’s awesome). But this is absolutely a recipe to cut corners on. The fudge topping is the star of the show and the brownies are a secondary act.
Note: Just make sure you bake your brownie in a 9×9 pan. So if you’re using a boxed mix, make sure they aren’t to be baked in a 9×13. Normally you could still bake them in a 9×9, but you don’t want the brownie layer to be too thick for this recipe.
Cool the brownies. Allow the brownies to cool completely before starting the next step. This is a great recipe to prep in advance as well. I make the brownies a day in advance if I’m planning, not that this recipe is very long or complicated, but prepping ahead makes life easier if I have an event or am entertaining!
Chop the Candy Bars: I use the “fun size” 3 Musketeers in this recipe, but you can use full sized bars if you prefer. You need 11 ounces, so however you can make that work is fine! Chop them up into cubes.
Make the Fudge: The fudge recipe is super simple, only 2 ingredients: sweetened condensed milk and chocolate chips. Use a saucepan over low heat to melt, stirring frequently or you can use a double boiler if you prefer. You can even melt the milk and chocolate together in a microwave-safe bowl in 25 second increments, stirring after each until melted and smooth.
How To Store These Brownies:
Just cover the pan you baked the brownies in airtight with plastic wrap or foil and they will be good for up to 3 days at room temperature. If you cut the brownies they will dry out more quickly, so make sure to make them as airtight as possible! You can also freeze them in an airtight container for up to a month for best freshness. Thaw at room temperature.Print
This easy brownie recipe is topped with a thick layer of homemade fudge loaded with 3 Musketeers candy bars!
- Bake the brownies in 9×9 pan, according to package directions. Allow to cool completely.
- When cooled sprinkle half of the chopped 3 Musketeers bars on top of brownie evenly. Set aside.
- Combine semi-sweet chocolate chips and sweetened condensed milk in saucepan. Heat on low heat until melted and smooth, stirring frequently. Remove from the heat immediately. (You can also is the double boiler method for this or in the microwave in a microwave safe bowl in 25 second increments, stirring after each until combined.)
- When the chocolate and condensed milk are melted, pour this over brownies and chopped candy bars, spreading evenly. Press remaining candy bars into the fudge layer.
- Place in refrigerator for 30 minutes to allow fudge to set.
- Cut into squares.
Store airtight for up to 3 days.
Keywords: cookies and cups, brownies, 3 Musketeers, brownies recipe
Want To Save This Recipe?