Peanut Butter Cup Brownies are thick, fudgy brownies loaded with creamy peanut butter chips and chopped peanut butter cups! A dream-come-true brownie recipe!
I don’t mean to sound cocky, but I know my way around a brownie. My Perfect Fudgy Brownie Recipe is seriously the best classic brownie recipe ever, so if you haven’t made it, I highly encourage you give it a try.
BUT what’s so great about that Fudge Brownie Recipe is that it BEGS to be amped up. It’s the perfect vehicle for tons of brownie variations, like today’s recipe!
My AMAZING Peanut Butter Cup Brownies!
These brownies are a dream come true for chocolate + peanut butter lovers. The brownies are a rich chocolatey base loaded with creamy peanut butter chips and tons of chopped peanut butter cups, and are the brownie version of my mega-popular Peanut Butter Cup Blondies Recipe.
If you have been reading my blog for any length of time you know peanut butter cups are my weakness. One of the most loved recipes on my site are my Peanut Butter Cup Crack Brownies. Those are seriously NEXT LEVEL, and an obvious 10/10. But if you’re looking for something a little more toned down, while still satisfying your peanut butter cup craving, this brownies recipe is the one for you.
How To Make Peanut Butter Cup Brownies
This is a great from-scratch, homemade brownie recipe. But know that if you are in a pinch you can absolutely make this brownies recipe with a boxed mix. Use a “Family Sized” Brownie Mix and bake them in a 9×13 pan according to the package directions! Just add in the peanut butter chips and the peanut butter cups!
BUT if you want to make them from scratch you won’t be disappointed because my brownies recipe produces the chewiest, most chocolatey brownies ever.
Can You Use Milk Chocolate In Brownies?
Absolutely. This recipe calls for adding in melted chocolate to the batter, which is what gives them their epic texture. My recipe calls for semi-sweet, but if you prefer an even sweeter brownie with a milder chocolate taste, sub in milk for semi-sweet. OR you can combine the two, using half semi-sweet and half milk!
How Can I Make These Brownies More Intense?
While I don’t think that these brownies need to be more chocolaty, because the peanut butter cups are the star of the show, if you really prefer a deep chocolate brownie, add some espresso powder into the batter. Add it in when you add the salt!
What Else Can I add To These Peanut Butter Cup Brownies?
These are pretty perfect the way they are, but if you’re still looking for MORE here are a few ideas of how to switch up the add-ins:
- More Peanut Butter Cups! You can certainly increase the amount of cups, but I wouldn’t add more than 1/2 cup more. I used regular sized peanut butter cups and chopped them, but you can use pretty much any size!
- You can add in chocolate chips in place of the peanut butter chips!
- Chopped peanuts! You can add up to 1/2 cup of chopped nuts to add some crunch.
- Reese’s Pieces. I mean, sure why not? Add these in place of the peanut butter chips!
- Snickers! I mean, thy the heck not? Turn these into Snickers Brownies and use Snickers in place of peanut butter cups! OR go ahead and try my Holy Heck Brownies, because THOSE are amazing!
Looking for More Peanut Butter Cup Recipes? Try These:
- Insane Peanut Butter Cup Cake
- Peanut Butter Brownie Cups
- Peanut Butter Balls
- Peanut Butter Dream Ice Cream Bars
Thick, fudgy brownies loaded with creamy peanut butter chips and chopped peanut butter cups! The ultimate chocolate + peanut butter dream!
- 2 cups semisweet chopped chocolate or chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup peanut butter chips
- 1 (10.5- ounce bag) peanut butter cups (14 peanut butter cups), coarsely chopped
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Line a 9×9 baking dish with foil and coat it with nonstick spray. Set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, combine the chocolate and butter, and melt over medium-low heat, stirring constantly. Once the chocolate is melted, remove the pan from the heat immediately.
- Whisk both the sugars into the chocolate and add the eggs, one at a time, whisking constantly, until evenly combined. Next mix in the vanilla until smooth. Stir in the salt and flour until they’re evenly incorporated. Stir in the peanut butter chips and half of the chopped peanut butter cups. Pour the batter into the prepared pan and press the remaining peanut butter cups into the top of the batter.
- Bake the brownies for 30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted 2- inches from the side comes out clean.
- Let the brownies cool completely in the pan before cutting into squares.
Store airtight for up to 3 days.
These brownies are even more fudgy if they sit overnight!
Keywords:: Brownies, one bowl, recipe, baking, chocolate, chocolate chips, cookies and cups, peanut butter cups, brownie recipe, fudgy brownies