I hate to ever say the best. But I’m gonna. These are the perfect, the best M&M Cookies ever ever ever. I might have even groaned when I took the first bite. You HAVE to try these!
I actually made these cookies on accident.
I was putting together a cookie dough for another recipe, but ran out of a few things I needed, decided to scrap the whole process, until…
Until I looked in my pantry for divine culinary inspiration and noticed a bag of Mini M&Ms just chilling on the bottom shelf.
I honestly don’t remember buying them…because I kinda sorta don’t really love M&M cookies.
I KNOW! We can still be friends, right?
I mean, it’s not the M&M itself, those are fine. But M&Ms in cookies never really interested me.
Usually they are just flat cookies with M&M collered lumps. No thanks.
Turns out I had never had the RIGHT M&M cookie.
Anyhow, I decided to take my half-made cookie dough…finish it up with a pack of vanilla pudding..because that can’t be bad…and use up the M&Ms.
Because I knew my kids would eat them. They are M&M obsessed.
Short story long, best cookies ever.
Seriously..the M&Ms make them super fun and pretty, but if you want you could easily just use chocolate chips too.
I like this batter for the M&Ms, though because it’s thick enough to stand up to the candy. Does that make sense? No M&M lumps ’round here.
The M&Ms are literally buried in these cookies…have I convinced you yet?
Also, I know I am going to get the question, “Where did you find those Mini M&Ms?” Target. Down the candy aisle. That’s my answer.
But if you don’t have a Target near you (you should move), there’s always amazon.
Let’s talk details…
Instant Vanilla Pudding.
And then cookie dough. Isn’t it pretty?
I used my large cookie scoop for these. You could make them smaller. They don’t spread a ton and stay fairly thick. You’ll only want to bake them until the edges just begin to get golden. The inside will be a undercooked. THat’s what you want. Trust me! They will stay soft soft soft!!!
And there they are.
A happy accident!
You should really make these asap!
makes 24 large cookies
- 3/4 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 (3.4 oz) box Instant Vanilla Pudding Mix
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 2 cup flour
- 1 1/2 cup Mini M&Ms, plus 1/4 cup more for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350°
- IN bowl of stand mixer combine butter and brown sugar, beating until combined.
- Add in egg and vanilla and continue mixing until smooth, scraping sides as necessary. Mix in vanilla pudding, baking soda and salt.
- Finally add in the flour and beat until just combined.
- Stir in M&Ms.
- Using a large cookie scoop, scoop dough onto lined baking sheet about 2 inches apart. Bake for 9-11 minutes until edges begin to golden.
- Allow to cool on baking sheet for 3-4 minutes and then transfer to wire rack to finish cooling
store airtight for up to 3 days
adapted from Kraft
If you love M&Ms, you should totally try these M&M Cupcakes…M&Ms right in the frosting. Brilliant!