These SUPER SOFT Sprinkle Pudding cookies are so so easy and loaded with vanilla flavor! This is the best sprinkle cookie recipe to make because it’s so easy, buttery, and delicious!
Of ALL THE BAKING I do here in my kitchen the recipe most requested and most baked is chocolate chip cookies. Certainly I am all about the special occasion dessert, I mean duh, but if I’ve learned anything from you nice folks it’s that easy, everyday classics are your jam. Those are the recipes you come back to time and time again.
So with that said, these super soft sprinkle pudding cookies will be a staple in your baking arsenal from this moment on. Trust me. This sprinkle cookie recipe is ridiculously easy, loaded with vanilla flavor, non-messy and did I mention sprinkles are involved? Yep. LOTS of sprinkles!!
Why Add Pudding To Your Cookie Dough?
Adding instant pudding to your cookie dough is a simple trick to amp up the flavor, but also to keep the cookies soft.
Make sure you’re using instant pudding, not “cook and serve”. The coagulants in the “cook and serve” are different than the instant, containing a large amount of cornstarch. The texture will be altered and it won’t bake up as nicely.
I used regular old vanilla instant pudding… but you could really use any flavor you wanted to. Flavored pudding will add a nice subtle flavor to the cookies, like I did with my Butterscotch Apple Pudding Cookies.
And yes you’ll need sprinkles. I used this fun mix of all my leftover sprinkles.
When you scoop the dough you can even add a few extra sprinkles on top if you’re feeling fancy. Truth be told I did that on a few cookies and then I got lazy!
No Chilling Your Dough For This Sprinkle Cookie Recipe
Nope, no need to chill your sprinkle cookie dough! This means these cuties will go from birth to belly in under 30 minutes.
The texture of this easy sprinkle cookie recipe is outstanding! Make sure not to over-bake them if you want super soft cookies. If you prefer a little bit of a crispy texture, no problem just bake them a little bit longer!Print
These soft sprinkle sugar cookies are made with a pudding mix!
- 3/4 cup butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg, plus 1 yolk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 (3.5-ounce packet instant vanilla pudding mix)
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment beat the butter and sugar on medium speed for 2 minutes. Add in the egg, vanilla, baking soda and salt. Mix until combined, scraping the sides of the bowl as necessary.
- Next mix in the pudding mix for 30 seconds.
- Turn the mixer to low and add in the flour, mixing until just combined.
- Finally add in the sprinkles and mix until incorporated evenly.
- Using a medium (2 tablespoon) sized cookie scoop drop dough onto the prepared baking sheet 2 inches apart. Bake for 8-10 minutes until the cookies are almost set. Don’t over-bake if you want super soft soft cookies.
- Allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheet for 3 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
Keywords:: sprinkle cookies, recipe, sugar cookies, soft cookies, sprinkles
Want To Save This Recipe?