These Butterscotch Apple Pudding Cookies are phenom! You could easily adapt them using any pudding flavor you’d like! Love a soft pudding cookie!
Wait! Don’t go!
Before you dismiss these cookies with the usual, “I don’t like butterscotch yada yada”, stay with me.
I’m not gonna steer you wrong, I swear.
I mean if you like caramel, you’ll like butterscotch.
The main difference is butterscotch is made with brown sugar, while caramel is made with white.
I’ve changed your mind already, haven’t I?
And also, if your only dealings with butterscotch are the ones that your granny used to keep in her purse, let’s all agree that we’re talking apples and oranges here.
Not that there’s anything wrong with Granny Butterscotch. Heck, I was raised on those things…but that’s not what we’re talking about today.
Today we’re talking about Butterscotch Pudding cookies, loaded with chunks of apples and white chocolate chips.
I heart these cookies.
Now let me tell you, the idea for these started with me going in one direction…and the cookies literally going in the other.
See photo below…
yeah, it wasn’t pretty.
So anyhow I knew the flavor that I was going for, so I decided to try again.
And well, y’all. It worked perfectly. PERFECTLY!
I started with a box of Instant Butterscotch Pudding…
I added that to the cookie batter…
A bunch of the usual ingredients…flour…
Of course apples too…they are apple cookies…
Then scoop them out on your lined baking sheet…
When they are baked and cooled you can make them pretty with an extra butterscotch drizzle…
And then dig in…you’ve got a soft butterscotch cookie, loaded with apples and white chocolate chips.
You’re gonna love these cookies!
Now go check out Maria’s Triple Chip Butterscotch version!
makes 24 cookies
- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 (4 serving) package of Instant Butterscotch Pudding
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 heaping cup of peeled diced Granny Smith apples (1 medium)
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- *optional ~ 1 cup butterscotch chips to melt and drizzle for garnish)
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Cream butter and sugar together until light and fluffy.
- Add in pudding mix, eggs and vanilla and mix until combined, scraping sides as needed.
- With mixer on medium add in baking soda and salt until incorporated.
- Turn mixer to low and mix in flour until combined.
- Fold in apples and white chocolate chips.
- Scoop onto a parchment lined baking sheet using a large cookie scoop about 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 9-10 minutes until edges are golden.
- Allow to cool about 3 minutes before transferring to wire rack to cool.
- If desired, melt butterscotch chips in a medium sized zip-top bag, squeezing to melt every 30 seconds until melted. Snip off edge of ziplock bag and drizzle over cookies.
adapted from Two Peas and Their Pod
Want To Save This Recipe?