Holy heck! This is one delicious brownie recipe. Holy Heck Snickers Brownies are made from fudgy layers filled with caramel, Snickers candy bars and white chocolate chips, for homemade brownie bars that are seriously over the top (in the best way possible!).
Gooey Holy Heck Snickers Brownies Are Ultra Fudgy!
Does the world really need another brownie recipe? My answer: yes. Because these gooey, chewy, decadent Snickers Brownies may single-handedly make the world a better place.
The idea was straightforward enough. I took a fudgy brownie recipe and filled it with white chocolate, Snickers pieces, caramel, and chocolate chips. Then into the oven they went and… Holy heck! The results were borderline sinful, to say the least.
These homemade brownie bars taste like a Snickers bar wrapped up in a hug of fudgy chocolate and caramel. One bite and you’ll be over the moon (and then back again for more)!
What You’ll Need
Most of the list below is likely in your pantry! Here’s the ingredients you’ll need for these Holy Heck brownies:
- Flour: I use regular, all-purpose flour for consistency’s sake.
- Butter: Unsalted and melted in the microwave (I do this in bursts to make sure it doesn’t get overheated!)
- Cocoa Powder: Unsweetened cocoa powder. I use regular cocoa powder, but since this recipe doesn’t contain leavening like baking soda, you can get away with using Dutch process cocoa if you’d prefer.
- Sugar: You’ll need both granulated sugar as well as light brown sugar for these brownies.
- Chocolate Chips: This recipe calls for white chocolate chips for the Snickers layer, and mini chocolate chips for the top brownie batter layer.
- Snickers Candy: I chopped up Snickers bars to use in this recipe. However, you can also use Snickers Bites if you can get your hands on some (warning: you’ll want to snack on them continuously while baking!).
- Caramel Sauce: Either store-bought caramel sauce, or if you have the time you can make your own by melting caramels together with a bit of milk. I also have an easy Homemade Microwave Caramel Sauce that you can try!
- Vanilla: Pure vanilla extract has the most natural flavor, as opposed to imitation vanilla.
How to Make Holy Heck Snickers Brownies
These fudgy brownies are not only extra rich and delicious, but they also happen to be insanely easy to make.
Make the Brownie Batter: In a mixing bowl, whisk together your flour, sugars, salt, and cocoa powder. Next, you’ll melt some butter and mix in your eggs and vanilla. Gradually beat in the dry ingredients to make your batter.
Make the Layers: Set a cup of the brownie better aside for now, and then spread the rest into a 8×8 baking pan lined with foil. Top the batter off with your white chocolate chips, then the Snickers pieces, followed by a generous drizzle of caramel.
Top With Batter: Finally, mix the remaining batter with a little milk, stir in your mini chocolate chips, and spread this over top of the other layers. While the base needs to be a thick batter to hold up to all those fillings, thinning the top layer makes it easier to spread across the filling layer.
Bake: Bake the brownies in a 350°F oven until the center is just about set. Make sure to let them cool completely before you cut them into squares and serve!
Tips for Success
- Can I Use Box Brownie Mix?: If you’re in a hurry, feel free to use boxed brownie mix instead of making your own batter for this recipe. Your favorite fudgy brownie mix will do the trick!
- Get the Layers: To make sure you get that visible division of layers in your brownie bars, you can chill the first layers (brownie batter, Snickers, and caramel) in the fridge, before spreading on the top brownie layer.
- Use Different Candy Bars: Swap out the Snickers in this Holy Heck Brownies recipe for Kit Kats, Twix Bars, Rolos, Reese’s Peanut Butter Bites, or your favorite candy bar.
- Change Up the Chocolate Chips: Play with the flavors and try these bars with peanut butter chips, dark chocolate chips, or mint chocolate chips.
- Add Nuts: Add chopped nuts into the filling layer for a nice bit of crunch. Use hazelnuts, almonds, peanuts, pecans, walnuts, or macadamias.
- Add Marshmallows: Mini marshmallows are great to add into this recipe for extra pockets of sweet, gooey goodness!
- Make Rocky Road Brownies: Make your filling layer from a combination of chopped almonds, marshmallows, and chocolate chunks for an easy rocky road-inspired version.
Since these brownies contain caramel, I like to store them airtight in the fridge, and let them come to room temperature before serving. They’ll keep fresh in the fridge for up to a week!
Do These Freeze Well?
These Snickers brownies freeze really well! I prefer to cut them before freezing so that I can take out and thaw just the slices I need. Store them airtight, and If you’re going to freeze your brownies stacked on top of each other, layer wax paper in between.
Thaw the brownies at room temperature or in this fridge before serving.
More Indulgent Brownie Recipes
- Rolo Fudge Brownies
- Brownie Roll Ups
- 3 Musketeers Fudge Brownies
- Peanut Butter Cup Crack Brownies
- Salty Sweet Brownies
Holy Heck! These Snickers Brownies are extra over-the-top, made from fudgy layers filled with caramel, Snickers candy and white chocolate chips.
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 3/4 cup flour
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 2 cups chopped Snickers or 1 bag of Snicker Bites
- 1 cup caramel sauce (or 1 cup of caramels melted with 1–2 tbsp of milk) *see note
- 2 Tbsp milk
- 1/3 cup mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line an 8×8 pan with foil or parchment paper, coat with cooking spray and set aside.
- Melt butter in a microwave safe bowl. Set aside to cool slightly.
- In medium bowl whisk together flour, cocoa powder, salt and both sugars. Set aside.
- In bowl of stand mixer beat together 2 eggs, vanilla and melted butter until combined.
- Turn mixer to low and add in dry ingredients.
- Scoop out 1 cup of the batter and set aside.
- Spread the remaining batter into your prepared pan.
- Top with white chocolate chips, then Snickers and then caramel.
- Place reserved batter back into mixing bowl. Add 2 Tbsp of milk and beat until smooth. Stir in mini chocolate chips. Spread this on top of caramel.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until center is almost set.
- Allow to cool completely before cutting into squares.
You can use either caramel sauce or melted caramel in the recipe. If you choose to unwrap and melt caramels, you will need to add 1-2 tablespoons of milk to thin the caramel. The caramel sauce will produce a more drippy caramel as seen in the photos. The melted caramel candies will firm up more when the brownies are cooled, while still remaining chewy.
I also used the unwrapped Snickers Bites but if you can’t find those, just chop up Snickers bars.
Keywords: the best brownies recipe, fudgy brownies, easy brownies
Want To Save This Recipe?
PIN for later: