Peanut Butter Blondies are a peanut butter lovers dream come true. This peanut butter blondie recipe has the perfect softness, is not crumbly at all, and has the exact right amount of peanut butter with pieces of peanut butter cups baked right in!
Make sure to try my Soft Peanut Butter Cookies too!
The Best Peanut Butter Blondies Recipe EVER!
So I made these last week and have been counting the minutes until I could share them with you guys. AND since I documented some of the process over on my Instagram story, I knew there were SO many of you guys who were pretty excited about the recipe too.
I have to say, I do love peanut butter. Like, a lot. And, of course I love peanut butter cups. Is that the understatement of the year?
What Makes These Peanut Butter Blondies So Good?
Baking with peanut butter can be tricky. You really want a perfect peanut butter flavor, but a lot of times too much peanut butter in baked good means they end up crumbly and a little dry. So the balance in the ratios has to be perfect. Luckily, I have done the work for you, and today’s peanut butter blondie recipe is going to to be one you print out and save to make again and again.
Oh and I used peanut butter cups in my peanut butter blondies, so that automatically takes them to the next level!
How They Turn Out:
- Soft and chewy blondies that have an ultra moist texture with the perfect peanut butter flavor.
- Slightly crisp edges that are like brownies.
- Full of chopped peanut butter cups is what makes this blondie recipe so special.
How to Make and Bake Peanut Butter Cup Blondies:
Make the blondie dough: In your stand mixer with the paddle attachment combine the butter, peanut butter, and sugars, mixing until fluffy. Add in the eggs, vanilla, salt, and baking soda mix for an additional minute until everything is combined and smooth. Turn the mixer to low and add in the flour, mixing only until it combined.
Chop up your peanut butter cups. I used full size cups to chop up because I feel like they have a better peanut butter to chocolate ratio, but you can absolutely use minis as well. Stir half of those into the blondie dough and press it in to a parchment lined 9×9 baking dish. Press the remaining cups on top and bake for 20 – 25 minutes.
And when you bake them, don’t over-bake them. Got it?
Things To Avoid:
- Use any peanut butter you like, but I recommend Jif or Skippy brands. Don’t use the organic or “natural” peanut butters in this recipe.
- Don’t use almond butter, or other nut butters in this recipe, like sunflower seed butter, as the texture and flavor won’t be the same. If you have a nut allergy, I would avoid this recipe entirely.
- Over-baking. You might think they need to be set completley in the center before removing them from the oven, but if they are fully puffed and set in the middle I can guarantee you will end up with dry blondies.
You can add in just about anything to this blondie recipe. Her are few ideas:
- Reese’s Pieces
- White chocolate chips, Dark Chocolate Chips, Milk or semi-sweet chocolate chips will all work!
- Any chopped candy
More Blondies Recipes To Try:Print
Peanut Butter Blondies
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 16 bars 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Peanut Butter Cup Blondies are a peanut butter lovers dream come true. This peanut butter blondie recipe has the perfect softness, is not crumbly at all, and has the exact right amount of peanut butter. I am OBSESSED with this sweet dessert.
- 3/4 cup butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 cups coarsely chopped peanut butter cups (about 12 ounces)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a 9×9 pan with parchment paper and coat with nonstick spray. Set aside.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment mix the butter, peanut butter, and both sugars together for 2 minutes. Add in the eggs, vanilla, salt, and baking soda and continue mixing for 1 minute, scraping the sides of the bowl as necessary.
- Turn the mixer to low and mix in the flour until just combined.
- Using a rubber spatula, fold half of the chopped peanut butter cups.
- Spread the batter into the prepared pan and press the remaining peanut butter cups into the batter.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until the edges are lightly golden.
- Allow to cool completely before slicing into bars.
- Serving Size: 1 bar
- Calories: 248
- Sugar: 20.5 g
- Sodium: 371.6 mg
- Fat: 10.8 g
- Carbohydrates: 34 g
- Protein: 4.9 g
- Cholesterol: 23.6 mg
Keywords: peanut butter cup blondie recipe, how to make blondies, best blondie recipe, how to make the best blondies, peanut butter cup dessert recipes, homemade blondie recipe
23 comments on “Peanut Butter Blondies”
When doubling this recipe, should you use a 9×13?
I would increase the recipe by 50% to bake in a 9×13. Doubling them in a 9×13 would be thick. Not that it wouldn’t work, I am just not sure about the bake time!
do I need a mixer or can I just mix by hand?
Can you freeze these? Pre or Post baking? What do you recommend? Thanks!
You can freeze post baking!