Pretzel Bottom Snickers Blondies are the perfect salty/sweet combo! These bars are ultra buttery and chewy, they have a perfect salty crunch!
You know sometimes when you just get stuck on something? I guess you could call it a phase.Or an obsession. No, let’s say phase. It sounds less crazy.
Usually you have to grow out of a phase. Let it run it’s course…Like jelly shoes in elementary school, or “Country Blue” in the 80s…Phases aren’t always a bad thing, they just are.
Right now, smack dab in the middle of my Snickers phase. Obviously they have been around a while. They’re not new on the scene…they’re not a fleeting trend. But lately I have just been all about a Snickers bar. Or actually, I’ve been all about the snack sized Snickers bar. Because they’re smaller than a full sized (obviously) and I tell myself I will just eat one…or two…
Then 15 minutes later I am surrounded by candy wrappers. And I realize I should have just eaten a full sized bar. I really need to get control of my life.
But in the meantime, let’s bake some Pretzel Bottom Snickers Blondies. Because they are EVERYTHING.
To get the “pretzel bottom” all you have to do is dump your pretzels into the bottom of your prepared pan. Obviously, you want them to be evenly distributed, but don’t waste too much energy on this step.
Chop up a bunch of Snickers…about 8 full-sized bars. But you can also use snack sized, it even those little pop-able unwrapped ones. Whatever you’re feeling…
The dough is something to behold.
Spread the dough evenly over the pretzels and pop that whole situation in the oven.
You will have to let them cool completely to get perfect slices. Or even let them cool overnight if you have self control. I generally don’t.
And then flip them over and see the pretty pretzels.
Want my Snickers playlist? Here’s a few to get you started…
- 3 cups pretzel twists
- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups dark brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon coarse sea salt
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 3 cups coarsely chopped Snickers bars (about 8 bars)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a 9×13 baking dish with foil or parchment, and coat with nonstick spray.
- Spread the pretzels evenly into the bottom of the prepared pan. If they overlap, it’s fine.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer, fitted with the paddle attachment, mix the butter and sugar together for 2 minutes until light and fluffy.
- Add in the eggs, vanilla, baking soda, and salt and continue mixing for another minute, until smooth, scraping the sides of the bowl as necessary.
- Turn mixer to low, add in the flour, mixing until just combined.
- Mix in the Snickers until evenly incorporated and spread the dough in the pan on top of the pretzels.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until the center is almost set.
- Let cool completely or overnight before slicing.
store in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
Want To Save This Recipe?
This recipe was originally published in May, 2012. The recipe remains the same, but the images are newly updated.