Skinny Bang Bang Shrimp Pasta is a quick and easy shrimp recipe and dinner idea. This Bang Bang Shrimp recipe is loaded with flavor but lighter on calories!
Dinners at my house lately have been a hurried mass of chicken recipes, leftovers and whatever we have in the fridge that I can scrap together. Time is something we are short on in the evenings and easy dinner recipe ideas are always welcome.
Bang Bang Shrimp is a quick and easy dinner recipe!
I have been wanting to make a “bang bang” dish on my site for ages because A) I just like saying it and B) it’s one of my husband’s go to meals when we eat out. If there is a “bang bang” anything on the menu he is guaranteed to try it.
And not only was it great, it was a really photogenic!
And it just so happens that shrimp is one of the quickest cooking proteins to add to sinner recipes, which i great for those of us who are cooking dinner in a hurry!
The dish took me less than 30 minutes to make from start to finish, which is a HUGE score. And not only is is quick, it’s lighter on calories than a traditional Bang Bang Shrimp recipe.
How to make Skinny Bang Bang Shrimp Pasta
Just coat your shrimp in a little cornstarch and some seasonings…
The bang bang shrimp sauce is extra quick! It includes Greek yogurt, sweet red chili sauce and sesame oil!
This is a pasta dish, so I serve it over angel hair pasta, but you can absolutely skip the pasta and serve it on its own, or over a bed of lettuce, or cauliflower rice.
Skinny Bang Bang Shrimp Pasta!!
I like to increase the amount of sauce when I serve it over pasta, even double the amount of sauce, because angel hair pasta has a tendency of soaking up a lot of sauce.
We really enjoyed this Bang Bang Shrimp pasta dish. It’s a really easy, flavorful weeknight dinner idea!Print
- 8 ounces angel-hair pasta
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/2 tablespoons paprika (I used smoked paprika)
- 1/2 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 pound medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3 tablespoons plain 0% Greek yogurt
- 3 tablespoons Thai Kitchen sweet red chili sauce
- 2 1/2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sriacha sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes (I used 1 teaspoon)
- 3 green onions, sliced
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Cook the pasta to al dente according to the package directions. Drain and set aside.
- While the pasta is boiling combine the cornstarch, paprika, chili powder, salt and pepper. Add the shrimp, seal and shake a few times to evenly coat the shrimp.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the yogurt, sweet chili sauce, 1 1/2 tablespoons of the sesame oil, lime juice, sriacha and pepper flakes. Pour the sauce over the pasta and toss to evenly coat the pasta. Set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat the remaining 1 tablespoon sesame oil over medium-high heat. Add the shrimp and cook for 3-5 minutes until the shrimp are pink, turning occasionally.
- Serve the shrimp over the pasta and garnish with green onions.
My husband likes his pasta “saucy” so I doubled the amount of sauce to go on the pasta and it worked great! Obviously to keep the calories lower make the recipe as-is.
Calories: 392 / Fat 12g / Carbohydrate 50g / Fiber 5g / Sugar / 8g / Protein 27g