Skinny Bang Bang Shrimp Pasta is a quick and easy shrimp recipe and dinner idea. This Bang Bang Shrimp recipe is loaded with flavor but lighter on calories! Served over angel hair pasta, this simple dinner will be a hit with the whole family!
- 8 ounces angel-hair pasta
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/2 tablespoons paprika (I used smoked paprika)
- 1/2 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 pound medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3 tablespoons plain 0% Greek yogurt
- 3 tablespoons Thai Kitchen sweet red chili sauce
- 2 1/2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sriacha sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes (I used 1 teaspoon)
- 3 green onions, sliced
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Cook the pasta to al dente according to the package directions. Drain and set aside.
- While the pasta is boiling combine the cornstarch, paprika, chili powder, salt and pepper. Add the shrimp, seal and shake a few times to evenly coat the shrimp.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the yogurt, sweet chili sauce, 1 1/2 tablespoons of the sesame oil, lime juice, sriacha and pepper flakes. Pour the sauce over the pasta and toss to evenly coat the pasta. Set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat the remaining 1 tablespoon sesame oil over medium-high heat. Add the shrimp and cook for 3-5 minutes until the shrimp are pink, turning occasionally.
- Serve the shrimp over the pasta and garnish with green onions.
My husband likes his pasta “saucy” so I doubled the amount of sauce to go on the pasta and it worked great! Obviously to keep the calories lower make the recipe as-is.
Calories: 392 / Fat 12g / Carbohydrate 50g / Fiber 5g / Sugar / 8g / Protein 27g
Keywords:: bang bang shrimp recipe, angel hair pasta recipe, bang bang shrimp pasta recipe, easy seafood recipe, easy shrimp recipe, shrimp dinner recipe, how to make bang bang shrimp, shrimp pasta recipe