What’s the food that you eat to completely undo it?
And by undo it I mean, UNDOOOOO it.
Undo your brain, undo your diet…just undo it.
Well, listen here, friends.
I have made you some bars that will not only undo your day’s problems, they will also help you undo your jean’s top button…and maybe a little zipper too.
I don’t mean that in a sexy-time way, either. These bars are that major.
They’re an end of the day, cleansing breath, getting comfy, eat with two hands, kind of a bar.
Sometimes you have to go for it.
Death by Snickers Bars.
Don’t be alarmed by the amount of butter. It’s just an innocent 4 sticks.
Or the amount of brown sugar. Just 3 cups.
You’re making caramel bars here people. Get over it.
You’ll need some Snickers bars.
Then you’ll need to chop them up. Trust me, they’re cool with it.
Mix up all your ingredients and spread it evenly in your prepared pan. Make sure to leave a little overhang of foil at the end. It will help when it’s time to cut and remove.
Next take that glorious can of dulce de leche. I found mine down the Mexican food aisle of the super market…if you can’t find that in your store, no worries…make your own! Yes, you can. Here’s a great how-to for making your own dulce de leche.
Plop the dulce de leche all over the top of your batter…
And swirl it all in.
Then bake it up.
You have to let these bars have some downtime after they’re done. I like to make them the night before, because they take quite a bit of time to set up and cool. If you can’t wait overnight, give them at least 3 hours.
Here’s how they’ll look…
That’s it. Cut them, eat them and loosen that belt.
makes 35 squares
- 3 cups packed light brown sugar
- 2 cups (4 sticks) butter, room temperature
- 3 eggs
- 3 tsp vanilla
- 4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup uncooked, old-fashioned oats
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 8 (2.07 oz) Snickers bars (full sized), coarsely chopped
- 1 (14 oz can dulce de leche
- Preheat oven to 325°
- Line a 9×13 baking pan with foil, allowing for foil to hang over the ends, for easy removal.
- Spray the foil with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl stir together flour, oats, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- In stand mixer on low speed mix butter, sugar, eggs and vanilla until evenly combined.
- Slowly add in the flour mixture until just combined.
- Fold in chopped Snickers.
- Spread batter into prepared pan.
- Open can of dulce de leche and drop by spoonful on top of batter. Using a knife, swirl the dulce de leche into the batter.
- Bake for 60-65 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool for at least 3 hours to overnight.
- Cut into squares
Bars may still appear slightly loose in the center. Don’t overcook.
These bars are best if made the night before. They take quite a bit of time to set up.