makes 35 squares
- 3 cups packed light brown sugar
- 2 cups (4 sticks) butter, room temperature
- 3 eggs
- 3 tsp vanilla
- 4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup uncooked, old-fashioned oats
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 8 (2.07 oz) Snickers bars (full sized), coarsely chopped
- 1 (14 oz can dulce de leche
- Preheat oven to 325°
- Line a 9×13 baking pan with foil, allowing for foil to hang over the ends, for easy removal.
- Spray the foil with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl stir together flour, oats, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- In stand mixer on low speed mix butter, sugar, eggs and vanilla until evenly combined.
- Slowly add in the flour mixture until just combined.
- Fold in chopped Snickers.
- Spread batter into prepared pan.
- Open can of dulce de leche and drop by spoonful on top of batter. Using a knife, swirl the dulce de leche into the batter.
- Bake for 60-65 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool for at least 3 hours to overnight.
- Cut into squares
Bars may still appear slightly loose in the center. Don’t overcook.
These bars are best if made the night before. They take quite a bit of time to set up.