It’s not my favorite food group.
I eat it because you’re supposed to.
BUT I also have to say when I eat salad, I generally load it up with things like cheese, and bacon and ranch dressing, which I’m guessing might cancel out all the salady aspects.
I’m doing my best people.
Also, the only lettuce I like is iceberg. If I’m going out on a limb I might choose some romaine.
Those fancy “leafy greens” aren’t making it to my plate.
I made the executive decision to banish leafy greens from my life.
And please, I don’t judge you for eating them, so hold your judgement at my choice to put them in a permanent time out.
I gave them a shot.
End of story.
BUT there might just be a new salad in my life.
Scratch that. There IS a new salad in my life.
Iceberg has been replaced.
I first saw this insanity a few years ago on my friend Bridget’s site.
Bridget, being the ladylike girl she is, used tons of apples in her salad.
I’m not quite as dainty.
I’m a more stick to your ribs, kinda girl.
So I changed it up a little…because fruit, like leafy greens, really has no place in salad.
In my version you’ll need cream cheese, powdered sugar, Whipped Topping, Snickers, marshmallows and fine, a few apples.
Mix your cream cheese and powdered sugar until it’s smooth and creamy.
Fold in your Whipped Topping.
Chop up some Snickers…
And the two apples, skin and all…
Then fold all that and your marshmallows into your cream cheese mixture.
That’s totally it.
Salad finally became cool.
- 8 oz cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 (8oz) tub Whipped Topping, thawed (Cool Whip)
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 (11.18 oz) bag of "fun size" Snickers, about 18 bars, chopped
- 2 Granny Smith apples, washed and small diced
- 1 cup mini marshmallows
- Mix together cream cheese and powdered sugar until smooth and creamy.
- Fold in thawed whipped topping.
- Then fold in Snickers, apples and marshmallows.
- Chill for one hour before serving.