Pesto Mac and Cheese is such a simple twist on everyone’s favorite comfort food! The pesto adds SO MUCH FLAVOR you might never want to have plain mac and cheese again!
Make sure to try my No Boil Crockpot Mac and Cheese Recipe too!Pesto Mac and Cheese One Of My Favorite Easy Dinners!
Dinner is about to be your favorite meal. I mean isn’t dessert your current fave?
Well, moving forward dinner…and THIS dinner specifically…is aboutta be your favorite. Because mac and cheese meets pesto and everything is now perfect in the world.
I’m super sorry to do this to you. And your jeans. Because summer bods are made in the winter and blah blah blah…but I promise you won’t care about your bathing suit when you’re eating this. True story.
Let Me Show You How To Make This Easy Mac and Cheese Recipe
It’s actually super simple as far as homemade mac and cheese recipes go.
And did I mention pesto? AND CHEEEEEEESE?
Please grate your cheese. No pre-grated stuff this time ’round. Your mac and cheese will be way creamier. And also feel free to add more pesto if you’re feeling zesty 🙂
Once you make th base for the mac and cheese you can 100% stop there. Creamy, dreamy and ready to eat.
You can sprinkle some buttery, Parmesan breadcrumbs on top and bake that situation UP.
I’m not saying you have to, but you probably are gonna want to.
My husband said this is his new favorite mac and cheese…and I have to say, I agree!
Hope you try it!
Looking For More Cheesy Dinners? Try These:
- Midwest Five Cheese Bake
- Carnitas Mac and Cheese
- Cauliflower Mac and Cheese
- Philly Cheesesteak Mac and Cheese
Creamy, cheesy, and SO much flavor! This is an easy and delicious weeknight meal!
- 1 pound elbow macaroni
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup butter, plus 3 tablespoons, divided
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup milk
- 4 cups sharp cheddar cheese, freshly grated
- 1/4 cup pesto sauce
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 1 teaspoon fresh grated pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Lightly coat a 9×13 baking dish with nonstick spray. Set aside.
- Boil pasta according to directions. Drain and set aside.
- While the pasta is boiling melt 1/2 cup butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Once butter is melted, add in the flour and stir to combine for 2-3 minutes until smooth. Slowly whisk in the heavy cream and milk, mixing until smooth. Add in the grated cheddar cheese, stirring constantly until smooth, and thick, about 7 minutes. Add in the pesto and stir to combine.
- Add the cooked pasta into the cheese sauce, and stir to coat.
- Pour the pasta into the prepared baking dish.
- In a small bowl mix together the remaining 3 tablespoons of butter, breadcrumbs, parmesan cheese, and black pepper. Sprinkle this on top of the pasta.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until bubbly and the breadcrumbs are toasted and golden.
- Serve immediately.
store airtight in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Reheat single servings in microwave.