Coconut Stuffed Brownies are like coconut macaroons stuffed inside fudgy brownies! It’s like a Mounds bar in brownie form…perfect for the coconut lovers in your life! Coconut brownies are the chocolate dessert recipe you’ve been waiting for.
Homemade Coconut Stuffed Brownie Dessert Recipe
I am all about a new brownie recipe. And I won’t lie, I didn’t invent this idea. I was in my local supermarket bakery (which is not that place to be if you’re craving high swirls of shortening based frosting) and I saw a kinda-sorta version of these brownies. In the store, they were topped with chocolate frosting, and the filling looked like it might be a coconut frosting situation (told you, FROSTING), and I knew I had to throw my hand in the ring.
And while you know I love my frosting, I thought these might be better if they had a coconut macaroon-ish moment rather than a sugary frosting. Also if I say frosting ONE.MORE.TIME.
So, I got home and whipped these beauties up. And I sure ain’t mad about how they turned out.
Tips and Tricks on Baking Coconut Stuffed Brownies:
I was in such a hurry, I didn’t even stop to take pictures of the process. But, I’m fairly sure you guys know how to make a brownie, so I won’t lose any sleep. And, to be honest, I used a version of my Cookies and Cream Stuffed Brownies recipe as the starting point.
AND the coconut filling is ridiculously simple. Just coconut, sweetened condensed milk, and vanilla. Boom, done.
The brownies will be fairly thick, and you will need to make sure they are fully baked, but NOT over baked!! The texture of the brownie on this one is slightly different than a typical fudgy brownies, because I wanted it to be thick, but sturdy.
There is so much sweet coconut in these…if you love coconut, these are for you!
Coconut Stuffed Brownies are like a coconut macaroon stuffed inside fudgy brownies! It’s like a Mounds bar in brownie form…perfect for the coconut lovers in your life! Coconut brownies are the chocolate dessert recipe you’ve been waiting for.
- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
- 4 cups sweetened flaked coconut
- 1 (14- ounce can) sweetened condensed milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a 9×13 baking dish with foil. Coat the foil with nonstick spray and set aside.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment mix together the butter and sugar on medium speed for 1-2 minutes until combined. Add in the eggs and vanilla and continue mixing for 1 minute until smooth, scraping the sides of the bowl as necessary.
- Turn mixer to low and add in the cocoa powder and salt, mixing until incorporated. Add in the flour, stirring until combined and smooth, and finally stir in the chocolate chips.
- Pour half of the brownie batter in the bottom of the prepared pan.
- To prepare your filling, in a large bowl stir together the coconut, sweetened condensed milk, and vanilla until combined.
- Spread the coconut mixture evenly on top of the brownie batter.
- Top the coconut mixture with the remaining brownie batter.
- Bake for 40 minutes, or until the brownies are just set.
- Allow the brownies to cool completely before slicing into bars
store airtight at room temperature for up to 3 days.
Keywords: coconut stuffed brownie recipe, brownie recipe, coconut brownie recipe, how to make coconut stuffed brownies, easy chocolate dessert recipes, best brownie recipe, easy brownie recipe