Twix Blondies are what sweet caramel dreams are made of! Take a buttery, brown sugar blondie, load it up with tons of chopped Twix Bars, sea salt and chocolate chips. They’re chewy with crunchy bits of shortbread baked inside!
This is an older recipe of mine that I posted back in 2010. I have been on a kick going through my old posts and updating the pictures. Turns out that way back in 2010 I was a little confused on what a “good picture” was.
Anyhow, I knew these candy bar blondies deserved another day in the sun.
Because they’re good. And you’ll like them.
Plus, I’m all in whenever Twix are involved. Except, can we just chat a quick minute? This is a PSA to the makers of the TWIX bar. Twix are classic and fantastic and everyone loves them. BUT, Twix makers, how about a little sprinkle of sea salt on top. I mean SALTED CARAMEL TWIX? Why isn’t that a thing in the world?
So for the sake of humanity I went ahead and sprinkled a little extra sea salt on top of these. It’s the right move.
They are super easy, actually…and pretty knock-out. The blondie itself could actually be the base recipe for ANY add-in candy bars…I mean Snickers, Milky Way, it’s really up to you!
Of course I am a huge Twix girl, and the crunchy shortbread pieces the Twix leave in the blondies is one of my favorite parts!
Try not to eat too many Twix beforehand though. Turns out one CAN have too much of a good thing…just speaking from personal experience.
They bake up perfectly, but make sure that you let them cool completely before cutting into bars! And like I said a little flaked sea salt on top is a good idea.
I’m really glad I revisited this recipe!
Hope you enjoy!Print
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 cups light brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon flaked (or coarse) sea salt
- 2 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 30 mini Twix bars coarsely chopped
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Optional – more flaked sea salt for sprinkling
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line a 9×13 baking pan with foil and coat with nonstick spray. Set aside.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment combine the butter and brown sugar on low speed. Add in the eggs, vanilla, baking powder and salt and mix until smooth.
- With the mixer still on low add the the flour and mix until just combined.
- Stir in the Twix and chocolate chips until evenly incorporated.
- Spread batter into prepared pan and bake 25-30 minutes until the edges are set and the center is almost set.
- Cool completely before cutting into bars.
You could also make this recipe without the stand mixer. A bowl and a wooden spoon will work just fine!
*Be sure to cool the bars completely before cutting. I often chill mine to make the bars pretty.