And these individual brownies are loaded with peanut butter and chocolate. Every bite is perfection!
Peanut Butter Brownie Cups are a super basic idea, but they are a long time favorite in my house!
They are on the go-to, most asked for list and I am sure will stay there forever!
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips separated as follows: 3/4 cup (to melt), 1/2 cup (to stir in) and 1/2 cup reserved for garnish
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup peanut butter chips (I used Reese’s PB chips) separated as follows: 1/2 cup to stir in and 1/2 cup reserved for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350
- Grease 12 cup muffin pan
- Combine sugar, butter and water in medium microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on HIGH for 1 minute or until butter is melted.
- Add 3/4 cup semi-sweet chips; stir until melted.
- Add egg and vanilla extract and stir well. Add flour and baking soda and stir until blended. Allow to cool to room temperature.
- Stir in 1/2 cup each of PB chips and semi-sweet chips. Spoon a heaping tablespoon batter into each prepared muffin cup.
- Bake for 13 to 15 minutes or until top is set and wooden pick inserted center comes out still slightly wet.
- Place muffin pan on wire rack.
- Centers of brownies will fall upon cooling. If some do not, with back of teaspoon, tap center to make a hole.
- Place peanut butter in small, microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on HIGH for 45 seconds; stir. While brownies are still hot, spoon a scant tablespoon peanut butter into center of each brownie. After brownies have cooled for approx 10 min. top with reserved 1/2 c. PB chips and 1/2 c. semi-sweet chips.
- Cool completely in pan on wire rack.
- Loosen around edges of brownies with a knife and carefully remove from pan.