Sweet Blueberry Crumble Bars are going to be the hit of your next BBQ!
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups old fashioned oats
- 3/4 cups light brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 1/2 cups blueberries
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Line a 9×9 pan with parchment paper and coat with nonstick spray. Set aside.
- Crumble Mixture: In your blender or food processor pulse together flour, oats, brown sugar and salt until combined. Add in the cold butter and pulse until combined and resembles very coarse sand.
- Divide the mixture in half and press half into the bottom of the prepared pan to form the crust. Set aside.
- Filling: In a large bowl whisk together the granulated sugar and cornstarch. Add in the blueberries and coat in the sugar mixture. Add in the lemon juice and stir to combine.
- Spread the blueberries on top of the crust.
- Finally spread the remaining crust mixture on top of the blueberries and press lightly.
- Refrigerate the pan for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and bake for 35-40 minutes until the fruit starts to bubble.
Don’t over-bake, as the crust will become too hard.
Chilling the bars before baking is not optional!
Store airtight in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Keywords: cookies and cups, blueberry dessert, blueberry crumble, bar desserts, summer desserts