Boston Cream Pie in a Jar is the cutest dessert! Made with box pudding, vanilla cake mix, and chocolate frosting, this pie in a jar recipe will take you almost no time at all to assemble! For all of the Boston Cream fans out there, this dessert is for you.
- 2 (1.4 oz) boxes French Vanilla or Custard Pudding, prepared and chilled according to package directions
- 1 box French Vanilla Cake Mix, prepared and baked according to package directions
- 1 (16 oz) can chocolate frosting
- 14 (8 oz) jelly jars
- Bake cake according to package directions in a 1/2 sheet pan (12″x18″) and let cool in pan.
- Prepare pudding according to package directions and chill until set up.
- Open chocolate frosting and microwave for 45 seconds to thin.
- When ready to assemble cut cake into circles. I used a 2 inch circular cookie cutter.
- Start with a heaping tablespoon of pudding followed by a cake round and then a tablespoon of the chocolate frosting. Repeat the process again, ending with the chocolate frosting.
- When finished store in refrigerator until ready to serve.
- Garnish with whipped cream and a maraschino cherry if desired.
If you don’t have a cutter that is the same size as the opening on the jar just create a template by tracing the opening of the jar on a clean piece of cardboard and cut the cake into circles using the template as a guide, using a sharp knife.
Can be made a day ahead, if necessary.
Keywords:: boston cream pie in a jar, boston cream pie in a jar recipe, how to make boston cream pie in a jar, pie in a jar recipe, boston cream dessert recipes, easy jar dessert recipes, homemade boston cream pie in a jar