These moist, flavor-packed Bran Muffins are a classic and this recipe is the best ever!
- 3 cups bran flake cereal, finely crushed (*see note)
- 1 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 2/3 cup light brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons turbinado sugar for sprinkling
- Combine the cereal, flour, brown sugar, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon into a large bowl and whisk together. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl whisk together the buttermilk, oil, egg, and vanilla. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and stir to blend well. Cover the bowl tightly with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or up to 12 hours. The batter will become very thick.
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line your muffin tin with 10 paper liners and set aside.
- Divide the batter evenly among the liners, filling them completely. Sprinkle with the turbinado sugar.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Allow the muffins to cool in tin for 2 minutes and then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
Note – Measure 3 cups of the the Bran Cereal and THEN crush it. You won’t have a total of 3 cups of crushed cereal. The measurement is for pre-crushed.
Store in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 254
- Sugar: 18.1 g
- Sodium: 398.1 mg
- Fat: 9.2 g
- Carbohydrates: 38.6 g
- Fiber: 1.7 g
- Protein: 4.5 g
- Cholesterol: 21.3 mg
Keywords: cookies and cups, muffin recipe, bran muffins, bran cereal, easy bran muffins, best bran muffins