Breakfast Meatballs are such a fun alternative to boring sausage or bacon for your breakfast or brunch! The perfect combo of savory and sweet, with a little maple syrup to make them extra delicious!
- 1 pound breakfast sausage
- 1 small Granny Smith Apple, peeled and grated (about 1/2 cup)
- 1/2 cup plain breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup grated onion
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and coat lightly with nonstick spray. Set aside.
- In a large bowl combine the sausage, apples, breadcrumbs, cheese, onion, and thyme with a wooden spoon or your hands.
- Form the mixture into golfball-sized meatballs, about 1 1/2- inches in diameter. Place evenly spaced on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until the meatballs have cooked through.
- Drizzle with maple syrup and serve warm.
- Serving Size: 1 meatball
- Calories: 43
- Sugar: 6.2 g
- Sodium: 36.8 mg
- Fat: 0.5 g
- Carbohydrates: 8.9 g
- Protein: 1 g
- Cholesterol: 0.5 mg
Keywords: breakfast recipe, breakfast sausage recipe