This easy brown sugar banana bread recipe will definitely be one of the best banana breads you’ve ever hard. Full of rich banana flavor and hints of caramel from the brown sugar, you won’t be able to eat just one slice of this most and delicious quick bread!
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cups mashed banana (about 3 medium bananas)
- 1/4 cup Greek Yogurt (or sour cream)
- 2 eggs
- 6 Tbsp butter, melted
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp heavy cream
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 2 1/2 Tbsp butter
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Spray 9×5 loaf pan with with cooking spray liberally, set aside
- In large mixing bowl, whisk together flour, brown sugar, baking soda, salt and cinnamon.
- In another bowl mix together mashed banana, sour cream, eggs, melted butter and vanilla.
- Fold dry ingredients into wet ingredients until just combined.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and bake for 45-50 minutes until toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow to cool in pan for 10 minutes. Run knife around the edges of pan to release any parts that might be sticking and then remove from pan, transferring t o a wire rack to cool.
- In small sauce pan, combine all ingredients, heat over medium until mixture reaches a full boil. Boil for 2 minutes and then remove from heat.
- Let mixture cool for 5-10 minutes and then pour over banana bread. Glaze will set up and then cut into slices.
Store airtight for up to 2 days.
Recipe adapted from Back in the Day Bakery
Keywords: easy banana bread recipe, best banana bread recipe, brown sugar banana bread, how to make banana bread