- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cups mashed banana (about 3 medium bananas)
- 1/4 cup Greek Yogurt (or sour cream)
- 2 eggs
- 6 Tbsp butter, melted
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp heavy cream
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 2 1/2 Tbsp butter
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Spray 9×5 loaf pan with with cooking spray liberally, set aside
- In large mixing bowl, whisk together flour, brown sugar, baking soda, salt and cinnamon.
- In another bowl mix together mashed banana, sour cream, eggs, melted butter and vanilla.
- Fold dry ingredients into wet ingredients until just combined.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and bake for 45-50 minutes until toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow to cool in pan for 10 minutes. Run knife around the edges of pan to release any parts that might be sticking and then remove from pan, transferring t o a wire rack to cool.
- In small sauce pan, combine all ingredients, heat over medium until mixture reaches a full boil. Boil for 2 minutes and then remove from heat.
- Let mixture cool for 5-10 minutes and then pour over banana bread. Glaze will set up and then cut into slices.
Store airtight for up to 2 days.
Recipe adapted from Back in the Day Bakery