makes 16 bars
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs, plus one egg yolk
- 1 Tbsp vanilla
- 3/4 cup Nutella
- *optional, flaked sea salt to garnish
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Line a 9×9 pan with foil and spray with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Whisk together flour, baking soda and salt.
- In a medium sauce pan over medium heat melt butter. Continue cooking, swirling pan, until butter is brown in color. Allow to cool 10 minutes.
- When butter is cooled beat sugars and butter together for 1 minute. Add eggs one at a time, then vanilla and beat until smooth.
- Turn mixer to low and slowly add in flour mixture until dough comes together.
- Spread dough into prepared pan.
- Drop Nutella by spoonful on top of batter and swirl into dough with a butter knife.
- Bake for 20 minutes until edges are golden.
- Sprinkle with flaked sea salt if desired.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool completely before cutting into squares.