This gooey Brownie Pie recipe is a chocolate lover’s dream. Intensely chocolatey with a gooey marshmallow topping and fudge frosting. Ridiculous!
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 4 oz chopped semi sweet chocolate Baking bar
- 1 cup butter
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 4 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 3 cups mini marshmallows
- 1/4 cup butter
- 3 Tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 Tbsp milk
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°
- In medium bowl combine all the crust ingredients until evenly mixed. Press graham cracker mixture into and up the sides of a 9″ Springform pan. Set aside.
- Melt butter and chopped chocolate together in microwave or over a double boiler. Whisk in flour, cocoa powder, eggs, vanilla, salt and sugar until combined. Pour over crust.
- Bake pie for 45-50 minutes. (Original recipe stated bake time as 1 hour- 1 hour 15 minutes. My pie was done at 45, so please make sure to check yours after 45 minutes and add extra time if necessary).
- When pie is done remove from oven and turn oven to broil setting. Sprinkle marshmallows onto pie and place back in oven for 30 seconds to 1 minute until marshmallows are puffed and lightly golden.
- Place pie on cooling rack and prepare frosting.
- In medium sauce pan melt butter, cocoa powder and milk together over medium low heat, whisking constantly. Once melted, remove from heat and add in powdered sugar, stirring until smooth.
- Using a butter knife, loosen the pie from the sides of the springform pan and remove the sides of the pan. Pour frosting on top of the pie.
- Pie can be served warm or room temperature.
recipe lightly adapted from Southern Living magazine
- Serving Size: 1 Slice
- Calories: 547
- Sugar: 68.6 g
- Sodium: 839.2 mg
- Fat: 15.9 g
- Carbohydrates: 100.3 g
- Protein: 5.3 g
- Cholesterol: 1.4 mg
Keywords: easy pie recipe, chocolate pie, chocolate pie recipe, easy chocolate pie, brownie dessert idea, chocolate dessert recipe